You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer - export slice fail: red circle with !

in vector persona, I got my intended artwork just so, selected, went to export persona, saw *only* the intended export item, but couldn't check it in the slices layer. It has a red circle with an exclamation mark next to its name, but it won't tell me the meaning of that symbol. 

what's the problem here and is there a way to solve it? Thank you!

Got any screenshots or the actual file?

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

I doubt that a filename can include a square root symbol or perhaps the vertical pipe?!

Update: Nope that isn't it. Affinity intelligently removes the invalid symbols from a file name.

Update 2: I was working in 1.7 beta which doesn't produce the error, however testing again in 1.6, hover over the Red X warning and you will see a tooltip…

"The Slice has file path errors."

"The file path contains prohibited characters"

So I was right first time!

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

Removing the √ made no difference by itself. However also removing the   |     did seem to fix the problem, or rather allow me to slice then export as svg

Periods appear to be OK maybe for now I'll just keep my vector layers alpha-only, then maybe change the name to what I need it to be in export persona. Makes the workflow less smooth.

:(

• 4 years later...