You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

'Transform' dialogue

The 'Transform' dialogue shows the position, on a page, of various elements. Standard stuff, no problem - except that the 'Y' dimension, in my multi-page document only gives a 'Y' value based upon the origin of the document, NOT the individual page I'm looking at; I get a huge minus figure! (see screen capture; TransformDialogue)

I can see how this is calculated (number of pages x depth of each proceeding page, + local distance on page), but when trying to place an item on, say, page 7, I'm left with a complex mental arithmatic excercise to place it at a particular spot. I've tried moving the page origin to no avail. (see screen capture; RulersOrigin)

Is there a way to make the 'Transform' dialogue reflect the actual numbers of the particular page I'm working on please?

TransformDialogue.png

RulersOrigin.png

I never noticed this before, but I can't believe it's intended to work like this!  :/

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

Hi,

I have the same issue. I had reported it here:

This morning I again tried to figure out a workaround. But the only thing I could find out that this strange behaviour also changes when I switch the document from facing pages to non-facing pages. Sometimes the first page shows the correct X and Y values, sometimes it does not.

Thanks

Reinhard

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.