vjsouza

Everything Inside an Artboard is Exported as a Single Bitmap Image in PDF

Hey, Guys.

Today I had a great headache working with Affinity Beta 1.7.0.258

I have discovered that it is no longer possible to use artboards in Affinity Designer and export to PDF / X-1a

AD exports EVERYTHING that is inside an artboard with a simple flattened bitmap image without transparency.

I could work around the problem by avoiding the use of artboards. But so I could no longer export PDF with multiple pages.

Please, guys, fix this thing. I need a lot to export my PDFs with multiple pages.

I have provided the source files and PDFs exported by me, with and without the problem. Please check it out one by one.

Test within artboard.afdesign

Test within artboard.pdf

Test without artboard.afdesign

Test without artboard.pdf

WITH ARTBOARD.afdesign

WITH ARTBOARD.pdf

WITHOUT ARTBOARD.afdesign

WITHOUT ARTBOARD.pdf

This is a known issue with this level of the beta, at least on Mac. I'm not sure I've seen a report on Windows, but it's probably the same on both platforms.

This kind of possibility is the reason that Serif warns us not to use the beta for production work or anything critical or time-sensitive, of course.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta       / Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta    / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.337 Beta

its same problem as i have in my previous post from this week.... 

you can select rasterize NOTHING in the settings. Still, when you have single image/shadow in your artwork, you are doomed.

This bug is pain in ass. More, when the flattering having bugs - see my post 

if you are working just with transparency, you can use PDF/X-4 with no raster setting... in my opinion, there is no reason using PDF / X1a today... only if you are working with some archaic print studio ;)