Dixey44

Affinity designer keeps crashing

Hello 

I have been using Affinity Designer on an iPad Pro (12.9 2018) since November 2018 but at the start of February the app keeps crashing every time I copy and paste items. Is there anything that I can do to stop this happening?

Many thanks 

Warren

Are you using symbols? There is a known bug where copy/paste symbols causes crash.

IPad Pro 10.5 512GB iOS 12.3.1 Affinity Photo 1.7.2.150 Affinity Design 1.7.2.4 Publisher for iPad ?

Have you tried using the ‘Duplicate’ command instead of copying and pasting?

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.1.404 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.1.143 • Designer for iPad 1.7.1.1 • iOS 12.4 (iPad Air 2)

Hi Warren

i’m having the same problem when I copy and paste to a separate document. App crashed.

hope someone has an answer 

The developers will probably find it helpful to see the reports which are generated when these crashes occur. You can find them by launching the Settings app, going to ‘Privacy > Analytics > Analytics Data’ and looking for filenames of the form 'Designer iPad-YYYY-MM-DD-hhmmss.ips’ (where ‘YYYY-MM-DD’ is a datestamp and ‘hhmmss’ is a timestamp).

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.1.404 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.1.143 • Designer for iPad 1.7.1.1 • iOS 12.4 (iPad Air 2)

Thanks Alfred I’ve done that! I really don’t know what to do next over the last few days I saved all my work, deleted and reinstalled the App then tried different ways to try and complete my artwork but it is no good. The App just keeps crashing and I can’t finish my extremely important work and it is beyond frustrating. If this can’t be fixed in the next few days I’ll have to purchase a more reliable App that will let me do what I need.

This App has amazing potential but it’s crashing.

@Dixey44 post a query in the bugs thread to get mods attention. :)

IPad Pro 10.5 512GB iOS 12.3.1 Affinity Photo 1.7.2.150 Affinity Design 1.7.2.4 Publisher for iPad ?