You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Need new category in the forums for DAM product

So over the past few weeks I downloaded and test drove skylum's Luminar 3 ... and it was terrible. Slow (operations taking longer than 5 minutes), unresponsive, missing components ... it was really really bad.

I remember reading that Serif is in the works of making the often requested DAM. I'm so glad they have made the decision to go this route. I think it would be a good time to start a new category in the forums specifically for this. Then move all appropriate threads into this area.

Suggestions for Affinity (name here)

I remember there being a poll about If the product should be made and what it should do. Personally, i'm interested in something that can compete with Capture One, outperform lightroom, and be reasonably priced. 

• Staff

A new category in the forums for any new product will appear when there is a new Affinity product to beta test, and not before. Thank you.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

5 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

A new category in the forums for any new product will appear when there is a new Affinity product to beta test, and not before. Thank you.

how does one become involved in the exploratory processes for guiding the development of such a beta product ?

EDITED
just wanted to point out that this is most likely a rhetorical question to which there is no answer, not a good one at least. The point of the question is to re-enforce my prior suggestion ... a forum category, if a DAM is seriously being considered, should exist. Active discussion, polling, etc.

'Something we MIGHT be doing in the future' ... to me .. is enough justification for such.

• Staff
41 minutes ago, someguy said:

how does one become involved in the exploratory processes for guiding the development of such a beta product ?

and

41 minutes ago, someguy said:

....is enough justification for such

We might well have a public beta for any new product (like Publisher), but we do not normally have public input before that. 

If you want to say something make a fantastic post like this one

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

46 minutes ago, someguy said:

By joining the Development Team at Serif, I suppose. Also, to a lesser extent, by making a suggestion that will be taken into account by said Team once anything is made public.

Best regards!

9 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

and

We might well have a public beta for any new product (like Publisher), but we do not normally have public input before that. You could post something fantastic like this.

If you want to say something make a fantastic post like this one

my statement on the matter was finding these fantastic comments is difficult because there is no central location to house them all.

That comment you linked is not really a comment its more of a blog post (its longer in length than most of the serif blog posts). Maybe 'affinity range' is good enough ... i dunno.

• Staff
9 minutes ago, someguy said:

here is no central location to house them all.

Try Tags for now like DAM or specific forum based search

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd