You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is there a rgb/cmyk value tool?

Am i correct in assuming that there is no way of finding the values per area/ pixel?

I find this useful for colour correction and have looked through the program for this feature. Especially if you can place multiple markers over an I'mage and get reading from the simultaneously.

• Staff

Take a look at the Information Panel (from View->Studio->Information menu). It defaults to showing you the RGB and CMYK colours under the mouse position, but can be made to show you any format or to show you the colour at a specific sample location in your document. You can also add more samplers from the little 'menu' icon in the top right of the Information panel. You could set it to always show you RGB and CMYK under your mouse cursor, but also add a few other sample locations that constantly readout the current values at locations you're interested in

It's a new addition so we're actively developing it at the moment...

Hope that helps,

Matt

Great to see the Info panel make it out, Matt! Here is some feedback:

1. We can almost do accurate color correction, the only thing missing is being able to adjust the sampler's size to something more useful than 1 x 1 pixel, at least for print work we need to sample at various radii depending on image resolution. As you know, for reference PS has a nice variety of preset sampling sizes that are useful for a variety of resolutions and use cases...

2. Is there a way to toggle the visibility of samplers while still maintaining their location, color mode, and other attributeds

3. The on-screen sampler icons could use better visibility. I like the cross-hair/registration mark icon, but it's too hard to see, it could be 33% larger to help us out with older eyes. Also, the first image I used the samplers on had a pink background, and needless to say it was hard to find the samplers. How about adding some Preferences settings for icons, guides, grids, and other on-image UI elements where we could assign a color and more importantly, a blend mode to these various UI elements which reside on top of the image?

4. A simplified version of this Info panel would make a killer addition to Affinity Designer...

Keep up the great work guys!!

Take a look at the Information Panel (from View->Studio->Information menu). It defaults to showing you the RGB and CMYK colours under the mouse position, but can be made to show you any format or to show you the colour at a specific sample location in your document. You can also add more samplers from the little 'menu' icon in the top right of the Information panel. You could set it to always show you RGB and CMYK under your mouse cursor, but also add a few other sample locations that constantly readout the current values at locations you're interested in

It's a new addition so we're actively developing it at the moment...

Hope that helps,

Matt

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

Great Matt, I'm really excited at the direction this is going in :)

One more suggestion: When using the Arrow tool from the Info palette to reposition the sampler target, it would be useful if the original loupe that popped-up when you placed the sampler would re-appear to aid in repositioning the sampler accurately...

Thanks for that, ronny! :) As I said, it's still definitely work-in-progress, so your comments are really useful - I'll look at sorting out most of them later today!

Cheers,

Matt

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

Shoot one more, sorry:

It would be handy if when selecting on a sampler in the palette and hitting Delete, the sampler is deleted, and not the currently selected layer in the layers palette...

• 2 years later...
On 7.4.2015 at 9:15 AM, MattP said:

Take a look at the Information Panel (from View->Studio->Information menu).

sorry for nero but I prefer to revive relevant posts rather than cluttering the forum with threads about the same thing.

as far as I can see, this menu doesnt exist.

Screenshot (24).png

okay sorry, I was googling and this thread came.

well the eyedropper is not bad but it only shows the composite, I'd rather have an ARGB data of the layer/group I am working with so I can tell whether and by how much there's any color left at the edge.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.