184x184

[Designer] Subtract? But how in this case?

Hi,

I’m using AD on my iPad for a while now and really liking it!

But in this particular case, I’m seem to be lost: I want subtract the two circlular shapes from the concentric circles, but I can’t get it to work like I want to. End result would have to a picture of the concentric circles with transparent space where the two circles were before.

Anyone with the golden idea? Thanks in advance! 

Subtract?.afdesign

Hello 184x184,

The file is indeed inaccessible.

If I have understood your problem correctly, and if the operation on iPad is the same as on Desktop, select the concentric circles, "Expand Stroke" and do "Add".
Select the two circles, "Add".
Select the set and do "Substract".

I hope that's what you were looking for.

Substract.png

Hi reglico, that seems to be the solution! Only thing is, that when I select the circles and click on Expand stroke, AD crashes on my iPad... Latest version, and iPad Pro 2018... So I think it’s a software issue on my side...

File is reattached by the way, should be able to be downloaded now...

Try this:

1. Add (or ‘Compound Add’) the two filled circles.

2. Add (or ‘Compound Add’) the concentric rings.

3. Subtract the ‘filled circles’ layer from the ‘concentric rings’ layer.

If you don’t want an outline around the subtracted circles, you’ll need to set the stroke to ‘None’.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.12.86 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.2 (iPad Air 2)

184x184, I downloaded your file and it works for me on the Desktop version. I can't comment on the iPad version, I hope someone will bring you a solution.

Cercles.jpg

3 minutes ago, reglico said:

184x184, I downloaded your file and it works for me on the Desktop version. I can't comment on the iPad version, I hope someone will bring you a solution.

Cercles.jpg

That's exactly what I'm looking for! Could you please re-upload the file, so I can use it until the crashing issue gets fixed on my iPad? Thanks for your help!!!