Sign in to follow this  
Chris Gould

Am I safe to use Affinity Publisher beta for finished projects?

I have always used Page Plus for my projects - but wanted to see how the new program handles things. Am I safe to do this, or will I be locked out of the beta at some point and not be able to use the file? Incidentally, I will be getting the full program when it is released. 

The best advice for that probably comes from AdamW's statements in the topics that link  to the download files for Publisher:

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity where you may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. 

There is no guarantee that documents saved now will be usable in later betas or the final version, though I expect that Serif will try to preserve compatibility.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.356), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.7.3.475 Beta

I am a Page Plus user and been experimenting with Affinity Publisher. Love it, I got two publications ready for press in January, when is Publisher going to be officially released. I could push out the publication date if Affinity Publisher will be released soon. 

16 minutes ago, Chris111 said:

I am a Page Plus user and been experimenting with Affinity Publisher. Love it, I got two publications ready for press in January, when is Publisher going to be officially released. I could push out the publication date if Affinity Publisher will be released soon. 

I don’t think it’s safe to assume that Affinity Publisher will be released to retail before the end of January.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.3.155 • Designer for iPad 1.7.3.1 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)

The only good estimated date for the official Publisher release would be one from Serif, and they have not provided one that I have seen.

It will be when they have finished the work they want to do for the initial release, and have fixed the bugs they believe are critical. Whether that will be in the 1st quarter of 2019, or the 1st half, or later, would be only a guess at this point.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.356), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.7.3.475 Beta