You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Page Box. What is it, how do I learn more about it?

55 minutes ago, Mr. K said:

What is Page Box? Where is there info so I can learn more about it?

526090105_ScreenShot2018-11-18at2_44_15PM.thumb.png.dc986448b109e45b268d8ae96d05f157.png

Hi @Mr. K,

as Patrick Connor from Serif posted a short time ago the help is still work in progress. So we, the forumsters, have to help each other :)

The 'Page Box' referres to a placed PDF (or embedded document. I assume this will also apply to placed APub documents...?). You can choose what part of a placed document you want to show. Does this make sense?

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

PDFs have a rectangular "Box" metaphor for various "areas" inside the PDF. Not all PDFs will have different values for these various boxes. I am unaware of applications that actually set the ArtBox to, well, the art. Artbox is generally equal to the Cropbox.

capture-002333.png.2e0022f3b925fa0c800655e6be545ebb.png

Also note there isn't a "Page Box" internal in a PDF. That's just the prompt in APub letting you know that the choice for one of the actual 4 boxes are available.

Thanks for the info. I'm guessing the PDFs I'm creating and using in my AFPub files have none of these elements. And it appears if they did it wouldn't make any difference to me. I see no change in my file when I change the Page Box selection.

15 minutes ago, Mr. K said:

Thanks for the info. I'm guessing the PDFs I'm creating and using in my AFPub files have none of these elements. And it appears if they did it wouldn't make any difference to me. I see no change in my file when I change the Page Box selection.

Yes, your PDFs (any PDFs) have the internal boxes.

If you do not export with bleed, all the page boxes will be equal as in the below.

capture-002334.png.b039ecf24de5110a10c5143a84f8e95a.png