Michal_R

AD: bitmap visible in outline mode

Hi guys, 

Is it possible in Affinity Designer to display layers with bitmap (or selected (Pixel) layer) being in outline mode ? It would be very handy while manual tracing in heavy files or to preview overlaping raw curves onto reference image.    

No Outline mode will not show a pixel image in outline mode, all it will do is show the outline edge of the image.

1429591838_ImageinOutlineMode.png.f104068fec2301e026456aa2ccb3772a.png

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo, Publisher Beta 1.7.0.140, Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9 B|  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials Instagram & Flickr - Affinity Live 19th June 2019

55 minutes ago, Michal_R said:

Yes, that's what I can see now. It seems to be good candidate to feature requests, doesn't it ?

You could request it, but I don't see how this could be implemented. A bitmap could be anything. Even if  It was a line drawing, Designer would not know where to draw the line. Now if a line drawing could be converted to vectors, that would be different. I wonder if that would be worth a feature request!

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.7 and Designer 1.7, (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Hi John, 

I gueess I wasn't specific enough, sorry.  What I meant was leaving bitmap untouched while going to outline view mode. Here is how it should look like outline-bitmap-visible-feature.thumb.png.70abfbb2276dd30a8b24185682540d10.png:

Setting a level of transparency for the pixel layer would be handy too as often bitmap is dark and then black lines would be hardly visible

I just loaded a pixel image in Designer then adjusted the opacity downwards to lighten it. I was then able to draw over this to trace the outline.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.7 and Designer 1.7, (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Thanks MEB. I will do that. I know how much Affinity developers are busy and I woudn't like to push them but if this is not too complicated let they take such feature into consideration. This tool is great anyway :)