I have a windows 10 update 1809 - x64

My Affinity Photo does not work, I did a clean installation of windows and I installed the program normally by the Microsoft Store, however when opening the program it loads completely and it opens, and it closes without any kind of report, I already tried to reinstall the program, but it did not work. Can someone help me?

Hi leandrohartmann,

Welcome to the forums :)

Please open your start menu and navigate to Affinity Photo, then Right click on the app and select App Settings. In the next window you should see multiple options, one of which is repair and the other reset. Please try to repair the software first, and if this does not help then reset.

After doing this, what happens if you right click on an image file and select 'open with Affinity Photo'? Does the image/software load correctly?

20 hours ago, Dan C said:

Hi leandrohartmann,

Welcome to the forums :)

Please open your start menu and navigate to Affinity Photo, then Right click on the app and select App Settings. In the next window you should see multiple options, one of which is repair and the other reset. Please try to repair the software first, and if this does not help then reset.

After doing this, what happens if you right click on an image file and select 'open with Affinity Photo'? Does the image/software load correctly?

I tried all two alternatives: repair and reinstall, the same thing happens, it loads and opens normally, but seconds after opening it closes instantly without showing anything. I have the Affintiy designer installed and it has the same problem.

Incredibly the tip that advised me worked, if I open a photo directly the program stays open and working. What will be the problem of opening normally?

Thank you for trying that and I'm sorry to hear it hasn't helped. Do you have any other programs installed from the Microsoft store? Do these open/run correctly?

Please read through the following thread, do you have any of these programs installed currently?

5 hours ago, Dan C said:

Thank you for trying that and I'm sorry to hear it hasn't helped. Do you have any other programs installed from the Microsoft store? Do these open/run correctly?

Please read through the following thread, do you have any of these programs installed currently?

First of all I thank you for your help!

I do not have any of these programs installed. All Microsoft store programs work normally.

I believe I have discovered the source of the problem, it is on the welcome screen. Both the affinity designer and Affinity photo close when this screen is opened to load some news, so if I open some file directly in the program it does not close and it works normally.

Sounds like a splash screen deny security action is performed and some sort of DLL Assemblies security problem occurs when the welcome screen tries to show up/load in the contents. - Usually the welcome screens of the Affinity apps can be forced to be permanantly dismissed (via button click) during app startups, but this would probably imply that the screen first will fully load and reacts to button press events.- Don't know if there is some application startup command line option available, which would prevent showing up the startup screen, but there sure is somewhere a registry or app prefs setting entry for that setting available.

However, usually it shouldn't behave like that and it might be that the MS Store versions do behave security wise differently or the Win OS security settings are blocking the connection to load in the welcome screen contents here, which in turn shuts down the apps.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.7.1 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.7.1 ◆ OSX El Capitan

No problem at all :)

How strange, I can't replicate this behaviour on a Windows 10 machine here, but there's an easy way to test with your PC.

Please open an image into Affinity Photo, then select Help>Welcome. This should open the welcome panel, does this crash the program? If not, there is a tick box in the bottom left of the panel that will stop it from showing at launch. Untick this box (if possible), then close and re-open the app. The startup screen should not show, does the app still crash?

Thanks for your answers.

Dan_C - Yes, I tried with the program already open behind any image, try to go to help> welcome screen, however when it opens the program closes again, I can not uncheck the box to not show the screen anymore. Even though I'm fast and click the box it does not accept the command because the program was already locked. I think if I could, it would work.

V_Kyr - As it was said, it is as if the programs were blocked to access the internet to download news, then they simply lock and shut, were working well, I do not know why this happens.

I do not have enough knowledge to modify the program log files to disable the welcome screen.

Thanks for that, we're a little closer to solving this. Could you please confirm if you're running any third party antivirus or firewall software?

The welcome panel that shows is essentially a live webpage in Affinity, and it sounds as though an external program is blocking this and terminating the program.

I wasn't aware of this, but I've done some research and it certainly does seem to be the case. We can't replicate this on our build here, but it appears to only be affecting some users.

Could you please try following the suggestions at the following link? Hopefully this should resolve the issue :) 

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/microsoft-edge-and-other-microsoft-store-apps/75ac54dd-cd56-41d8-a205-7948e54f39be

Hi leandrohartmann,

In addition to what Dan C has said above, it looks like this MS issue is only affecting users with Realtek network adaptors. Could you open up Device Manager and attach a screenshot with the 'Network adaptors' section expanded please?

Thanks!

@Nasmat

Your post would be better as a starter of a new thread, I think, since your question is really nothing to do with the subject of this thread which is about APh failing to open properly.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, AMD Radeon R7 360 and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher.

I'm sorry to hear this, I believe there is a patch update build due from Microsoft shortly to fix the issues created in 1809 so you may want to wait and update your version of Windows when available.