I've just produced the simple 4-page newsletter that I do for a voluntary organisation using Serif PagePlus.

As an exercise, I decided to duplicate it in Publisher. Now, I don't expect a brand new, beata version to compare directly for ease of use with a programme I have known man-and-boy.

However, the experiment has borne out all my concerns about text-handling / text management (to mention but two prhrases unrecognised by the Help fundtion).

And there isn't a "fit to frame" function, is there?

You posted your question in the "Suggestions for Affinity Photo on Desktop" forum, but for future reference you should have posted in Discussions and Suggestions for Affinity Publisher Beta on Desktop. Perhaps a moderator will move this thread at some time :)

1. Help: The Help is incomplete at this stage of Publisher development, but if you want to use it it has some useful information. By the way, searching for "text handling" and "text management" worked for me, but I'd recommend something more general, like "text".

2. "Fit to Frame" in what sense? More details, and perhaps a screenshot demonstrating your question, would help.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta       / Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta    / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.337 Beta

1 hour ago, Chris_K said:

Hi Paul Martin

There is not fit the text to the frame, but you can fit the frame to the text by double clicking on one of the control handles for the bounding box

Cheers

That is step one, then grab the dot just outside the frame at the bottom right and resize the frame to the size you want and the text will increase/decrease with the frame.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.6.1 | Affinity Photo 1.6.7 | Affinity Publisher beta 1.7.0.337 | Affinity Photo beta 1.7.0.128 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.7.0.12

Thanks both for your kind help. I can't say this is exactly obvious or intuitive design. In fact, I couldn't get it to work as described in a controlled fashion. Do you know if there is any reference to this in the Help system?

It hadn't really occurred to me that they would have any online help available yet, but good enough... if you click the hamburger menu in the corner of the help page, expand Text, then Text Frames, and take a look at Fitting text to frames.