cseeman

Affinity Photo: How to Reset Color Swatches Palette to default?

Affinity Photo: How to Reset Color Swatches Palette to default?
In Swatches Affinity Color Palette Gray I've added Swatches. After doing that I don't seem to see a way to reset it back to the default Grey Swatches. How would I do that?

Go to Preferences > Miscellaneous > Reset Fills

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo, Publisher Beta 1.7.0.140, Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9 B|  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials Instagram & Flickr - Affinity Live 19th June 2019

2 hours ago, firstdefence said:

Be aware that if you do this, it will reset all the swatches palettes to factory defaults, meaning it will delete any custom ones you have created, & revert any changes you might have made to any other factory one. So if there are any you want to keep, you must first export each of them (there is no 'export all' feature), & then import them back into the app after doing the reset.

For this reason, it might be simpler just to remove (or move) any swatches you have added to the Greys palette. It should be easy to see what was added, but if not below is the complete list of the factory defaults.
1916986583_GreysPalette.jpg.2ead238f880633bc76c0821a4dc0a112.jpg

Affinity Photo 1.7.1, Affinity Designer 1.7.1, Affinity Publisher 1.7.1; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.143 & Affinity Designer 1.7.1.1 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1

6 hours ago, firstdefence said:

Strange how I can't search this in the Help. I thought it might be in Preferences but searching for Preferences doesn't show anything at all.

4 hours ago, R C-R said:

Be aware that if you do this, it will reset all the swatches palettes to factory defaults, meaning it will delete any custom ones you have created

Thanks for that. Wish this were in the Help documentation.

36 minutes ago, cseeman said:

Thanks for that. Wish this were in the Help documentation.

Reset Fills is in the Help, and searchable (at least on Windows), though the description needs more detail.

Miscellaneous options

Your current Fills, Brushes, Object Styles, User Defaults and Fonts can be reset to factory defaults.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.145), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.1.404 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.1.404 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404

20 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Reset Fills is in the Help, and searchable (at least on Windows)

Confirmed Search Help for Preferences broken on Mac. They're there. Search for Preferences doesn't find them though.

43 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Reset Fills is in the Help, and searchable (at least on Windows), though the description needs more detail.

The problem is, it only appears under 'Reset Fills'.

Nothing appears if you search for 'Reset Colours' or 'Reset Swatches', both of which would seem more logical for resetting the Swatches than Fills. 

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

1 hour ago, toltec said:

The problem is, it only appears under 'Reset Fills'.

Nothing appears if you search for 'Reset Colours' or 'Reset Swatches', both of which would seem more logical for resetting the Swatches than Fills. 

On Macs (including in both the built-in & online version of Affinity Photo help), the only mention of the reset is just like @walt.farrell mentioned earlier for Windows, as the not very helpful one line sentence in the Preferences > "Miscellaneous options" help topic. Meager as it is, the only way to find it is with the search term "Preferences," & Mac users still have to click on the "Miscellaneous options" heading to expose it. o.O

Affinity Photo 1.7.1, Affinity Designer 1.7.1, Affinity Publisher 1.7.1; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.143 & Affinity Designer 1.7.1.1 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1