You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to manually crop a picture and move it inside a picture frame ?

You could try using any shape tool to create a frame. The click "Insert inside the selection" button top right.image.png.143cd1e3094a11d47a70c6ae3d721cea.png

Place Image Tool, choose photo, click the frame. To move only the frame make sure lock children is ticked.

Another way to do this is with the Layers panel, just drag the photo on to the frame.

Windows 10 Pro, I5 3.3G PC 16G RAM

• Staff

Hi timme,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
If you don't want the image scaling when you resize a picture frame, click the Properties button in the context toolbar with the picture frame/Picture Frame tool selected and set it to None.

To move the image inside a picture frame double-click the picture frame on canvas then adjust the image position dragging it (you can also scale it). If you do this the scaling option of the picture frame is automatically set to None.

• 2 years later...
  • Staff

@Affinity Publisher

Welcome to the Serif affinity forums :) 

Do you mind please choosing a different username as the current one may confuse some people as to whether you are staff or an application representative.

I do not think it is possible to do the replacement you are asking for, though I have wanted it to do this too myself

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon