Jump to content
Sabine 108

Viertel-Geviert or 'quarter-em'?

Recommended Posts

The space that is missing and what is generally used for spacing phone numbers, mathematical formulas and thousands in large numbers is called the thin space (Unicode 8201). In German it is Smales Leerzeichen according to Wikipedia. I understand that InDesign does offer this special spacing character as well as the hair space, the figure space and others.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am able to use this and other varient spaces from the mac "Show Emoji & Symbols" menu (pictured below), but I have also requested in another thread that several of these spaces be added to the Insert menu, namely, thin space and hair space. I do use both of those.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


Important Information

These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.