You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The whole preset/start-behavior/options... is quite away from beeing perfect. But afaik they are working on it :-)

But: the normal behavior ist that a brush keeps it last brush and the eraser keeps its last brush and so on. Isn't it by you?

OSX 12.5  / iMac Retina 27" / Radeon Pro 580X / Metall: on! --- WWG1WGA WW!

• Staff

Hi Afarkas,

You could use Edit > Defaults > Synchronise to change the default settings of your tools however this will change the tools so they always have the values you have set.

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Hi Callum,

1 hour ago, Callum said:

Edit > Defaults > Synchronise

I'm reading through Affinity Photo Help, but can't find any detail on this subject.

So just to clarify:

using Edit > Defaults > Synchronise changes the default tool settings to whatever state they are in when you click Synchronise, and they will stay that way until Defaults > Synchronise (or Factory Reset) is clicked again, whenever that may be?

And what would happen if you choose Defaults > Save, or Defaults > Revert?

R

Affinity Designer & Photo  :  Win 10

1 hour ago, Roger C said:

I'm reading through Affinity Photo Help, but can't find any detail on this subject.

https://affinity.help/photo/en-US.lproj/pages/DesignAids/objectDefaults.html

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

10 hours ago, Polygonius said:

The whole preset/start-behavior/options... is quite away from beeing perfect. But afaik they are working on it :-)

But: the normal behavior ist that a brush keeps it last brush and the eraser keeps its last brush and so on. Isn't it by you?

Yes, it keeps the size, opacity and so on, what does not keep is for example in clone tool the option Aligned Source or Not... Also the Crop tool does not keep the Original aspect ratio option and so on... 

Thanks R C-R,

Because of the tools we were talking about ( Brushes, Clone, Heal etc ), I wouldn't have thought of looking in the Help section under "vector content"!

That link gives a clear explanation, but it would seem that the Edit > Defaults > Synchronise trick doesn't apply to the tools mentioned in this thread?

Affinity Designer & Photo  :  Win 10

43 minutes ago, Roger C said:

That link gives a clear explanation, but it would seem that the Edit > Defaults > Synchronise trick doesn't apply to the tools mentioned in this thread?

Correct. As the help topic says, it only applies to vector content for stroke and fill attributes, art text attributes, and frame text attributes.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7