You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Expanded strokes still a little "unruly"

Hi team, would love to see this addressed soon. Way too many nodes on expanded strokes still. Is this being looked into?

To make files airtight when sending out to either clients or printers, I always expand all of my strokes so there are no chances of logo or illo strokes being enlarged or reduced if not set to scale with the object... the current amount of nodes generated is not ideal. See attached.

Cheers.

post-305-0-92835300-1424923161_thumb.png

Awesome news and no worries Matt, I know you are taking care of other stuff. ;) Just thought I'd bring it up again as I just noticed it again myself with the latest beta. 

I've been running into this as well. One bad case was creating a circle => use pen pressure to vary stroke => expand stroke. The exterior points were fairly ideal, but I probably had well over 10000+ points on the interior of a simple shape. I recreated it by subtracting one circle over the other and it was much cleaner.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a similar issue, regarding the "Expand Stroke" functionality.

1. I typed out two letter: J and D
  2. I did a "Convert to Curves" for the letter D
  3. I added a stroke to the letter D of a different color
  4. I then selected "Expand Stroke"
  5. the stroke does not line up with the original letters (now curve version) edges...

I have no idea how to upload thumbnails/images for increased communication on this issue.

note: I am using the trial version, if that makes a difference.

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.