Jump to content
lungful

[Multi] RTL language text support

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, Sam Neil said:

so I decided to set myself a challenge (stupidly) and here we are! 

Oh, this happened to myself, too 🙂

Good luck!
d.


Affinity Designer 1.8.5 (beta 1.9.2.997)   |   Affinity Photo 1.8.5 (beta 1.9.2.997)   |   Affinity Publisher 1.8.5 (beta 1.9.1.967)
Affinity Designer for iPad 1.8.4   |   Affinity Photo for iPad 1.8.4

Windows 10 (1809) 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, dominik said:

Serif has been very clear about the fact that the implementation of RTL-support will take a long time.

The truth is Serif even can't support LTR (Open Type Indic Language) fully. And I requested it to Serif from may be 2013. 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/23/2020 at 9:22 AM, Tia Lapis said:

So who besides Adobe supports it? It is no money maker. Especially for a small company as Serif.

Absolutely not true! Most software companies nowadays supports RTL!

Adobe, Microsoft, Corel, Apple, Inkscape, etc.....

Its a shame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Tia Lapis said:

It is what it is. I don't get why it's so hard to accept what Serif said multiple times: It will take many years as it is not priority and hard to implement.

It is just a topic we talk about -- you are the one who doesn't accept us talking about it (and i really don't know why)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, abszar said:

you are the one who doesn't accept us talking about it (and i really don't know why)

no (because Tia Lapis also only writes about it)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tia Lapis said:

It is what it is. I don't get why it's so hard to accept what Serif said multiple times: It will take many years as it is not priority and hard to implement.

You made a statement "nobody supports...", and I answered that it's false and untrue.

Now we hope that Affinity will add it a little faster they said they would

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, klm.ny said:

made a statement "nobody supports..."

No, Tia Lapis asked “So who besides Adobe supports it?” and tried to find answers why Serif still hasn't added it. This is the truth. Serif has not the power of Adobe, Microsoft, Corel, Apple and Inkscape. Even basic functions do not work correctly since many years. Many basic functions are still missing. Like RTL language text support. This is the truth. It even was not on the roadmap! But the Mesh Fill Tool, the Mesh Warp/Distort Tool, the Knife Tool, Replicate/Blend, … which are still missing features since years! So how can you get RTL on (top of) the roadmap of Serif?

Serif wrote “it is not a priority and should not be expected for many years.”

How can we get RTL on (top of) the roadmap of Serif?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Oval said:

No, Tia Lapis asked “So who besides Adobe supports it?” and tried to find answers why Serif still hasn't added it. This is the truth. Serif has not the power of Adobe, Microsoft, Corel, Apple and Inkscape. Even basic functions do not work correctly since many years. Many basic functions are still missing. Like RTL language text support. This is the truth. It even was not on the roadmap! But the Mesh Fill Tool, the Mesh Warp/Distort Tool, the Knife Tool, Replicate/Blend, … which are still missing features since years! So how can you get RTL on (top of the) roadmap of Serif?

Serif wrote “it is not a priority and should not be expected for many years.”

How can we get RTL on (top of the) roadmap of Serif?

I agree with you on this .. I really like affinity designer and I hope Serif will find a way to add all these feature in the near future

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys i know there is no native support until now but is there any workarounds other than save my text as pdf from inkscape ? i read that i should press left button after each letter but it didn't work

Do u imagine designing infographic without seeing the final look of the text u want to add? i cant just make the design then send it to inkscape then add the text, so now I'm sending the text as pdf to AD but i want to change the fonts and see what fits in real time 😅.

 

i hope affinity look into support it partly, like with small plug in or something until the full support.

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please note there is currently a delay in replying to some post. See pinned thread in the Questions forum. These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.