You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Use License for two computers?

Hi there, 

is it possible to use the affinity designer license for two computers (notebook and desktop) - in case of a comercial use?

If not: I've installed the program on my notebook but would like to use it primarily on my desktop. How can I transfer the license to another computer?

Thanks and best regards from Germany,

Gesine

• Staff

Hi Gesine,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Yes, you can install it on any computers you own/control as long as you are the only one using the software for commercial purposes. Here's the pertaining section from our EULA (End User License Agreement). It's the Windows license but similar terms apply to the Mac version:

The License granted to you is limited, non-transferable and non-exclusive. Except to the extent any rights cannot be excluded by law, you are permitted:

1. if you are a private individual, to download, install, use and run for personal use, one (1) copy of the Serif Software directly on each computer running Microsoft Windows (“Windows Computer”) that you personally own or control. Commercial use is permitted but only use by you and not by any other users of any Windows Computers that you own or control. For example, other members of your household that use your Windows Computers may make personal use of the Serif Software whereas, if anyone other than yourself needs to make commercial use of the Serif Software, the other user will need to make a separate purchase.

• Staff

Gesine, 

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums. 

You asked about commercial use. MEB linked to the license but quoted the personal use section. As you asked about commercial use section 2 is also relevant....and the answer is still yes, for your own use you may install it on both of your computers, but not for two people to use commercially. 

The License granted to you is limited, non-transferable and non-exclusive. Except to the extent any rights cannot be excluded by law, you are permitted:

1. ......
  2. if you are a commercial enterprise, to download, install, use and run one (1) copy of the Serif Software for use either: (a) by one specific individual on each of the Windows Computer(s) that they use that you own or control, or (b) by multiple individuals on a single shared Windows Computer that you own or control; For example, a single employee may use the Serif Software on both their desktop and laptop Windows Computer, or multiple employees may serially use the Serif Software on a single Windows Computer used as a shared resource.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

deborahknight,

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums

This search on the tag "License" will show you that Serif sell on a "per operating system" basis, and yes you would need to purchase once again for your situation

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 2 years later...
On 3/11/2018 at 10:21 AM, deborahknight20 said:

Hi, I have affinity for windows and I want to download it on my Mac. Do I have to purchase it again? I no longer use windows. 

same question here but from mac to windows ? BUMP

• 4 months later...
20 hours ago, kwtexan said:

Similar... I have Affinity on my Windows PC. Can I use the same license for my iPad? (Does Affinity even run on an iPad?). 

Same answer as regards licensing: No.

Each operating system requires its own license. 

There are iPad versions of Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer. The iPad version of Affinity Publisher is coming but is not yet available. 

@kwtexan: You seem to have used an email address as your forum display name. That makes it available to spammers, so you might want to change it to something else. You can do that via the following link:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/settings/username

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)