You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

HSL Adjustment targeting?

Is there a way to target HSL adjustment more finely? Now it seems to target only primary colours and I cannot find a way to adjust target colour. In Photoshop you can alter the target area easily by moving target handles and even adjust the falloff by splitting them.

Screenshot 2017-12-14 21.10.44.gif

Not (yet) I'm afraid.

Positioning the cursor in the shift value box, one can increase/decrease by 0.1 pressing CTRL + scrolling with the mouse wheel or type in the value manually. But that you already figured out I think.

One can play around with the Blend Ranges (the gear in the bottom right corner)
That's about it at this stage.

Affinity Photo  2.3.1

Laptop MSI Prestige PS42
Windows 11 Home 23H2 (Build 22631.3007) - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz   2.00 GHz - RAM 16,0 GB

10 hours ago, Fixx said:

Doh... I was looking for a simple way to remove skin blotches. Did Photoshop this time (and got quite unnatural result anyway :-D.

Why not using the Blemish Removal Tool or the Inpainting Brush Tool then ?

Affinity Photo  2.3.1

Laptop MSI Prestige PS42
Windows 11 Home 23H2 (Build 22631.3007) - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz   2.00 GHz - RAM 16,0 GB

13 hours ago, Fixx said:

I think those target smaller areas. I want just to diminish reddish skin areas and make then look like normal skin, not like irritated skin disease.

It depends on the image but  the Selective colour adjustment could be an option !

SelectiveColor.jpg

Affinity Photo  2.3.1

Laptop MSI Prestige PS42

18 hours ago, Fixx said:

I want just to diminish reddish skin areas and make then look like normal skin, not like irritated skin disease.

If you have not already seen it, the Nature Portrait (Affinity Photo) video tutorial (on YouTube or Vimeo) may give you some ideas about how to do this while maintaining natural looking results. Obviously, this would take a lot more work than the techniques that targets large areas but those techniques are typically the ones that produce unnatural looking skin textures, as if someone had applied a thick, concealing layer of pancake makeup to the subject. 

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.2 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

8 hours ago, HVDB Fotografie said:

It depends on the image but  the Selective colour adjustment could be an option !

It looks about the same as HSL adjustment. Same targeting, adjustment just modifies colour components instead of hue&saturation&darkness. 

4 hours ago, R C-R said:

If you have not already seen it, the Nature Portrait (Affinity Photo) video tutorial (on YouTube or Vimeo) may give you some ideas about how to do this while maintaining natural looking results. Obviously, this would take a lot more work than the techniques that targets large areas but those techniques are typically the ones that produce unnatural looking skin textures, as if someone had applied a thick, concealing layer of pancake makeup to the subject. 

I guess I should look that video, but generally I am not aiming to do beautification techniques, just diminish reddish tones in the skin.

38 minutes ago, Fixx said:

I guess I should look that video, but generally I am not aiming to do beautification techniques, just diminish reddish tones in the skin.

One of the points made in that video is that tonal adjustments should be made to the low frequency part of the image.  This video is worth watching as well. 

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10