Hi all, I make crafting stuff for my partner and there are occasions when I need to make an Offset path to emulate things like stitching, is there a way to get an offset path in affinity designer?

On an odd shape, scaling just doesn't work because you don't get an even line.

Capture.PNG.6ab84d9aace19ce2ceec37ac945f889e.PNG

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo, Publisher Beta 1.7.0.140, Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-12, - iPad2 iOS 9.35 B|  Instagram & Flickr - Affinity Designer (ADe) Tutorials - Affinity Photo (APh) Tutorials - Public Domain Images

There is no offset path in designer, but you could use expand stroke.

expand.thumb.png.30958c90989a4b8a97d6ee394b07bdf6.png

intel core i5,  16GB 128Gb ssd win10 Pro Huion new 1060plus.

philips 272p 2560x1440px on intel HD2500 onboard graphics

Razer Tartarus Chroma

Good evening firstdefence,

If you want to have the outer edge as a dashed line, you can draw the shape with a 3.8 pt thick outline (for example).
You copy this form for later use.
Then you put the contour at a thickness corresponding to the space between the two contour lines (e. g. 28 pt), outside alignment.
"Expand the Stroke", put the transparent filling and the thickness of the contour at the same size as the original shape (3.8 pt). Dash the outline.
To finish stick the original shape on top.

Double contour pointillés extérieur.png

Thanks for the workaround :)

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo, Publisher Beta 1.7.0.140, Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-12, - iPad2 iOS 9.35 B|  Instagram & Flickr - Affinity Designer (ADe) Tutorials - Affinity Photo (APh) Tutorials - Public Domain Images

Can I specify the unit for offset in centimeter? Stroke thickness is in pt. Is there any way to work around this ?

edit : Figured out. Just type the unit name eg: 1in.