Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello...just wondering.  I ordered the new Workbook on November 25th from the Affinity Photo store, was told my order had been received and I would get an email when it shipped.  As yet no word on whether it has shipped and today is December 4th.  Is there a problem? Thanks.  

Chessprodigy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ordered mine on Nov 27, paid with my PayPal account. In my account it only shows "Completed", no notification from Affinity Serif that it has been shipped to me yet. Order #AFZTHM8L67. Any reason why it's taking so long for my order to be shipped out to me? Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well, got some news about the ordering of my AP Photo workbook today. instead of fixing the order i received a full refund of my payment via paypal.

hmmmm.jpg.96228f3a3edfaaf6f26c1e984127ac58.jpg

Too bad. Maybe i should wait until the books are available in Amazon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, The Belgian said:

well, got some news about the ordering of my AP Photo workbook today. instead of fixing the order i received a full refund of my payment via paypal.

hmmmm.jpg.96228f3a3edfaaf6f26c1e984127ac58.jpg

Too bad. Maybe i should wait until the books are available in Amazon.

 

I hope that Customer Service leader Adam Brown will be emailing you about this today, but here is my understanding. Your order number, which was very helpful thank you, was "incomplete" at our end. However it failed AFTER taking your money from PayPal. We have never seen this before and it seems that communication was lost with PayPal as the order was placed, so it never resulted in an order book order being placed, hence the lack of emails or anything in your account order history. We refunded you as we can see that no book order has been placed, and obviously if you are still interested in buying a book we will honour the sale price. You are welcome to order from Amazon.com if you wish, but as I say this has not happened before in the year our store has been using the PayPal API, so I think any new order is very likely to work correctly. 

We plan to put a system in place to spot when this communication failure happens, so that we know first and contact the customer rather than wait to be told of the problem with an order.

I appreciate your help and patience getting to the bottom of this.

Patrick Connor


Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, PatiU said:

I ordered mine on Nov 27, paid with my PayPal account. In my account it only shows "Completed", no notification from Affinity Serif that it has been shipped to me yet. Order #AFZTHM8L67. Any reason why it's taking so long for my order to be shipped out to me? Thanks.

 

9 hours ago, chessprodigy said:

Hello...just wondering.  I ordered the new Workbook on November 25th from the Affinity Photo store, was told my order had been received and I would get an email when it shipped.  As yet no word on whether it has shipped and today is December 4th.  Is there a problem? Thanks.  

Chessprodigy

 

Please can you both email AffinityOrders@serif.com quoting your order number and they should be able to look into individual cases.


Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

 

I hope that Customer Service leader Adam Brown will be emailing you about this today, but here is my understanding. Your order number, which was very helpful thank you, was "incomplete" at our end. However it failed AFTER taking your money from PayPal. We have never seen this before and it seems that communication was lost with PayPal as the order was placed, so it never resulted in an order book order being placed, hence the lack of emails or anything in your account order history. We refunded you as we can see that no book order has been placed, and obviously if you are still interested in buying a book we will honour the sale price. You are welcome to order from Amazon.com if you wish, but as I say this has not happened before in the year our store has been using the PayPal API, so I think any new order is very likely to work correctly. 

We plan to put a system in place to spot when this communication failure happens, so that we know first and contact the customer rather than wait to be told of the problem with an order.

I appreciate your help and patience getting to the bottom of this.

Patrick Connor

hi patrick, yes it was a strange thing to happen. i'm asking myself if my kaspersky internet security programm has anything to do with this behaviour? as i logged in into my serif account and ordered the book and then clicked on paying with paypal there was another browser tab opening with the kaspersky safe pay program. there i paid the book and it said it was ok. maybe that this was the problem??? maybe other users that have issues with the ordering have kaspersky too??

and yes , i'm still interested in the book but in amazon nor the english or german version are available. is the german book already available when buying at serif? of is there a long waiting for delivery? as some other customers here mentioned?

 

txs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, The Belgian said:

hi patrick, ... is the german book already available when buying at serif? of is there a long waiting for delivery? as some other customers here mentioned?

 

Regarding Kaspersky safe pay, perhaps that was the problem, and we are looking back through the PayPal API log to see if this has ever been noticed before.

 

Orders placed right now for the Affinity Photo Workbook in German are completing quickly, and being dispatched. We only have a problem with some orders placed on 23/24th Nov, which we are still struggling to fulfil for horribly technical reasons, but we will have them dispatched also as soon as we can.

 

 


Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Gregory St. Laurent said:

I still haven't received any notice on my order I emailed twice and still no word, my order number is #AQV14NQ4YJ Paypal was billed and order says completed?

To be fair until 10 minutes ago you had emailed once... now it's twice true. We are dealing with tickets in the order they arrived and your first ticket from Monday will be addressed by that team as soon as they can. Emailing more than once will not mean you are dealt with faster, thanks for your patience


Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

To be fair until 10 minutes ago you had emailed once... now it's twice true. We are dealing with tickets in the order they arrived and your first ticket from Monday will be addressed by that team as soon as they can.

Sorry I didn't mean anything by my post, I'm just anxious to hear something I appreciate all that is being done! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

patrick, i now ordered the book again and didn't use the kaspersky safe pay app. it all went OK, i directly got the mail with the order confirmation. i hope adam is refunding the difference soon ;)

txs for all

 

marc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had ordered, the English version, in November also.  After not hearing anything for a few days I contacted Affinity with my order number asking the same question:  is there a problem, when will it ship, and will I be advised of shipment.  About a day or two later. received an e-mail back stating that the book was sold out and was in the process of being resupplied.  Apparently, Amazon is the direction agent and they are showing out of print.  I was told that "it would be a few days.  This was on 02 December.  It was interesting that, at the point in time I received an e-mail announcing the workbook, the english version was sold out when I ordered it on 11/30.  Either there was unanticipated demand or the print run was very small.  Guess all I / we can do is wait and see when this (finally) becomes available.  Hopefully, it is as good as stated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

Orders placed right now for the Affinity Photo Workbook in German are completing quickly, and being dispatched. We only have a problem with some orders placed on 23/24th Nov, which we are still struggling to fulfil for horribly technical reasons, but we will have them dispatched also as soon as we can.

 

 

Means that the order for the German Workbook is delivered promptly.
In my account is the order as complete displayed, but no notification from Affinity Serif

Best Regards

 


Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 :   Affinity Photo-Beta  1.7.2.424 :    Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404:  Affinity Designer-Beta 1.7.2.424:

Affinity Publisher-Beta 1.7.2.422:   Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404:    Windows 10 Pro  (Version  1903 Build 18362.207)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ordered on Nov 29th and it shows up on my credit card statement. Order confirmation said I would be notified when dispatched. Have not heard anything yet.  Can I get a status, please

 

Affinity order confirmation - ALT54H92XQ

 

Thank you

 

David

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please advise when my order is going to be shipped. It appears to me from other posts on here that the book isnt even available right now. I am not used to paying for something and then having to wait for who knows how long for the product.  And by the way i dont want to be told that it was only ordered 6 days ago. My order status shows as. Order completed. To me that means exactly that, so my reasoning says it should be on its way.??  I would like an answer to my original question. When is my order going to be shipped??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Chris.W said:

Please advise when my order is going to be shipped. It appears to me from other posts on here that the book isnt even available right now. I am not used to paying for something and then having to wait for who knows how long for the product.  And by the way i dont want to be told that it was only ordered 6 days ago. My order status shows as. Order completed. To me that means exactly that, so my reasoning says it should be on its way.??  I would like an answer to my original question. When is my order going to be shipped??

Sorry, but the tech support staff on this forum do not have access to the despatch system of Amazon, our delivery partner. 

Individual order enquiries are dealt with by email to AffinityOrders@serif.com, who currently have a 2 day queue of tickets 


Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Chris.W said:

They havent bothered to reply to the email from 3 days ago. Also can you advise if the book is even available at the moment?

 

The book is still available but most of the despatch stock (with Amazon) has been allocated to orders like yours. For over a week we have be trying to top up the stock held by our despatch partner Amazon. We have the book delivered from 4 countries. We ship to those countries and Amazon then distribute it to other centres. 2 countries have actually run out of books (taken more orders than the books they hold) but have deliveries to them pending later this week. We have tried to deliver to them earlier but they do not have an earlier delivery slot open,  even though we have plenty of books. I guess it's their busiest time of year. We are sorry to all those affected by the delays. Obviously we are pleased that the book is selling well, but it is clearly frustrating for all concerned as we have stock, but our customers are not receiving their orders. 


Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dtodd said:

I ordered on Nov 29th and it shows up on my credit card statement. Order confirmation said I would be notified when dispatched. Have not heard anything yet.  Can I get a status, please

 

Affinity order confirmation - ALT54H92XQ

 

Thank you

 

David

David, please see my reply to Chris.W about this 


Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chris.W said:

I have just been to the Amazon website. The book will not be in stock until the 17th December according to them

That is Amazon's choice as they also sell our stock. They can see the stock levels and outstanding orders and have stopped taking orders through the website, but we use the Web API to place orders. Sales from Amazon.com and Amazon.de and others sites worldwide are not in our control. 


Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×