You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Most of the Nik plugins seem to work for me if I rasterize the image first. The exception is the HDR Pro plugin which, I suspect, uses the Automation interface. But then Affinity's own HDR function seems to work pretty well.

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

I note from the list of plugins that v1.6 supports MacPhun Creative Kit, does this mean that the current beta version also supports this plugin? I own a copy of this software and would like to use it with AP. If the beta version does support this software would it be worthwhile changing to the beta version and are there any special instructions on the loading of MacPhun CK, please.

MEB, they are marked with an asterisk (*) and, near the top on the LH side it says  * Tested/checked with Affinity Photo 1.6. This i took to mean that although they did not work with the commercially available Affinity Photo they would work with the new version soon to be released, I hope. If this is not the case then I agree that your indicator needs changing.

2 hours ago, Littletank said:

MEB, they are marked with an asterisk (*) and, near the top on the LH side it says  * Tested/checked with Affinity Photo 1.6.

That just means they were checked with the 1.6 beta. If you follow the instructions in the first paragraph of the page to "Click on each plugin name for additional details" you should see the beta version each asterisked plugin was tested with & below that the "Not compatible." entry for all of them marked with an X.

So maybe what needs to marked in red is "Click on each plugin name for additional details"? ;)

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• Staff
2 hours ago, Littletank said:

MEB, they are marked with an asterisk (*) and, near the top on the LH side it says  * Tested/checked with Affinity Photo 1.6. This i took to mean that although they did not work with the commercially available Affinity Photo they would work with the new version soon to be released, I hope. If this is not the case then I agree that your indicator needs changing.

Hi Littletank,

With tested with version 1.6 i meant literally that the plugins marked with an asterisk were tested against the new version 1.6. Sorry if it's not very clear. I will update that page in the next few days and will try make it more clear.

• 1 year later...

Can you add https://www.truegrittexturesupply.com filters to the list of checked plugins on the status page?

I'm not sure if they work and am interested in getting some.

Not sure who in the community might know which ones work, apparently enough people have asked about affinity over there that they mention affinity in their faq.
At the moment, they only say they have no idea which might work or not.

• Staff

Hi megatron_deathfart,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
I've checked their website and there's no Photoshop plugins there, just other add-ons like brush packs, texture packs, photoshop actions etc, some may work in Affinity, while others (Photoshop Actions for example) don't. Which product(s) are you interested in so we can advise you better?

As MEB said, no plugins there just some actions (like macros) which are bundled with some textures there. - Their naming of Affinity was related to brushes ...

Q. Can I use my Photoshop brushes in Affinity Photo or Affinity Designer? 

A. Technically yes, but they're not designed to. Photoshop brushes saved in .abr format may work in Affinity Photo however we do not test, support, provide installation guides or refunds for Affinity Photo or Designer. You're on you're own kid. Godspeed!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

• 1 year later...

Well, the 2 plugins i recomend is google NIK collection, the free versions works. Other one which costs $ is filter forge. Those 2 covers anything i can possibly think of. A more easy way to import, organize and display LUTs, for example in a tab, would be nice though, thats allmost like having plugins. Would increase versatility of affinity photo even more.