Sign in to follow this  
Nickfranken

Swapping colours

It would be great if there is a way to quickly swap between foreground and background colours. While in a masking process it takes a lot time now to swap between the colours. I also miss this option a lot on the destop version. I think with me a lot of other users would agree with me :)

Hi Nickfranken,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Press X to swap between foreground and background colours in the desktop version. If you want customise this shortcut go to Affinity Photo Preferences, Keyboard Shortcuts section, set the first dropdown to Photo and the second to Miscellaneous and change the shortcut from the list below (called Toggle Fill Context).

As far as i know there's no way to do the same in the iPad version other than opening the Colour Studio and select the foreground or background color on the top of the Studio.

Thanks for your wander. And what about the default key? Just like in photoshop, when je press D it automatically apply black/white for foreground/background color. This is very handy, but I can't find something like that in Affinity

You can also set a keyboard shortcut for it exactly in the same place. Go to Affinity Photo Preferences, Keyboard Shortcuts section, set the first dropdown to Photo and the second to Miscellaneous and set the D shortcut for the following entry: Set Fill to Black and White.

9 hours ago, MEB said:

You can also set a keyboard shortcut for it exactly in the same place. Go to Affinity Photo Preferences, Keyboard Shortcuts section, set the first dropdown to Photo and the second to Miscellaneous and set the D shortcut for the following entry: Set Fill to Black and White.

My hero!!!!