You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Random and Cloner Option

I would LOVE to see a "random" and a "cloner" option like you have in 3D. This would speedup things a lot when producing stuff.

Like select a object, then clone it. Options could be "number of clones" "Rows of clones" "distance between clones" "clones inside a mask" to meet the shapes of your needs.

Now to the "random" part. "random scaling" "random rotation" "random position" inside the mask shape.

last add a "seed option" so you can toggle between different random styles. 

For inspiration look into Cinema 4Ds cloner and random effector.

Cheers

• Staff

Hi Paekke,

This may not cover all situations, but you already have a smart duplicate feature that allows you to perform some of those actions (excluding the random part). Here's how to use it:

- draw a rectangle (for example) and press cmd+j to duplicate it;

- rotate or move it dragging the object on the canvas or inputing a value in the Transform panel;

- press cmd+j again to apply that transform to subsequent duplicates.

• 3 weeks later...

I like having a "Move" feature under the contextual menu when I right click on an object. Then I can specify the exact distance and if I want to duplicate the move. This is very useful in Illustrator. You could also allow rotation on a transformed rotation point.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...