You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Esc moves object back

Hi all,

I've noticed that 1.6.0.71 beta added a new "feature": After moving an object with the keyboard arrows, pressing Esc to complete the action moves the object back to the original position. Was this intentional? I hope not. Every other software I know uses Esc to unselect objects. If you want to Undo, just use Ctrl+Z, not Esc.

I hope they fix this in the next beta.

Yes...

Okay, so at least would it be possible to acknowledge the existence of this problem? I'm a bit frustrated with what I perceive to be a change in the way Serif responds to Windows customers, and how long it takes for some important bugs to be fixed.

Of course I know you have many other of things to do, I just feel we Windows users need better and more frequent feedback since the software still has so many problems. Please don't take this as negative criticism. I also double as a software developer and I'm well aware of the complexity involved in those matters.

Thanks in advance, and apologies for being off-topic!

• Staff

Okay, so at least would it be possible to acknowledge the existence of this problem? I'm a bit frustrated with what I perceive to be a change in the way Serif responds to Windows customers, and how long it takes for some important bugs to be fixed.

Of course I know you have many other of things to do, I just feel we Windows users need better and more frequent feedback since the software still has so many problems. Please don't take this as negative criticism. I also double as a software developer and I'm well aware of the complexity involved in those matters.

Thanks in advance, and apologies for being off-topic!

Hi Rubs,

I'm terribly sorry for delay in replying. We're a small team and cover a large area, and with the launch of the iPad on Monday we've been nonstop with a massive influx of new users (between 300-400%). Running the betas alongside this is causing a slightly longer than usual delay in response, however this will improve as things settle down.

I've reproduced the error and got it logged with development.

Hi Rubs,

I'm terribly sorry for delay in replying. We're a small team and cover a large area, and with the launch of the iPad on Monday we've been nonstop with a massive influx of new users (between 300-400%). Running the betas alongside this is causing a slightly longer than usual delay in response, however this will improve as things settle down.

I've reproduced the error and got it logged with development.

Thanks, Sean. The Windows version has lots of bugs, frequent crashes and performance problems. Those are reported throughout the forums, I hope you're keeping track so you can fix them asap!

• 2 months later...

I had to move to 1.6 beta because I the project I'm working on always crashes in 1.5 when I try to move some artboards (!). This is fixed in 1.6, but unfortunately the bug reported here remains exactly the same as in 1.6.0.81, so either version is a tough choice. This is a big impairment for anyone working in UI design because we need to make precise adjustments all the time. Do you have a timeline for fixing it?

Thanks for any info.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.