You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

LINE TOOL - ARROW ENDS ?

Hey CJT963,

It isn't a feature of Designer but it is on our roadmap. As a temporary workaround, you can draw an arrow using the Arrow Tool from the shapes flyout on the toolbar. Thanks. 

Hi Chris B,

I know new software takes time to get use to, but when SERIF PP already paved the way for AD, it seems a back step to leave these common sense items out of the bag  :rolleyes:

I just hope the bag doesn't turn into a skip on further use. :(

Over & out,

CJT1963

Over & out,

CJT1963

I know new software takes time to get use to, but when SERIF PP already paved the way for AD, it seems a back step to leave these common sense items out of the bag  :rolleyes:

Please keep in mind that the Affinity products are being developed from an entirely new code base that has nothing in common with the older Serif products, so the older ones have not in any practical sense "paved the way" for any feature in the new ones.

The reason for this "clean slate" approach is it allows developers to take advantage of 64 bit API's & advances in technology that did not exist or were not mature when the old "legacy" code base was being developed. The result is lighter weight, cleaner code that is more efficient, uses fewer system resources, is easier to maintain, & much more responsive to user input. More computational tasks can be handed off to lower level API's built into the OS. "Under the hood" things like sandboxing, virtual memory management, & so on that modern OS's already provide don't have to be duplicated in application level code.

This is why Affinity can do things like realtime previews of layer effects, does not need a "scratch disk" like PhotoShop does to handle very large image files, & does not install a zillion support files to support a bunch of proprietary legacy API's, some of which are decades old, like Adobe still does.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Hi P C-R,

May be so, but some of the functions I have in my PP-X8, I would have thought to be naturally included in AFFINITY. I can't comment on PhotoShop or Adobe, as not used those products.

------------

Please keep in mind that the Affinity products are being developed from an entirely new code base that has nothing in common with the older Serif products, so the older ones have not in any practical sense "paved the way" for any feature in the new ones.

The reason for this "clean slate" approach is it allows developers to take advantage of 64 bit API's & advances in technology that did not exist or were not mature when the old "legacy" code base was being developed. The result is lighter weight, cleaner code that is more efficient, uses fewer system resources, is easier to maintain, & much more responsive to user input. More computational tasks can be handed off to lower level API's built into the OS. "Under the hood" things like sandboxing, virtual memory management, & so on that modern OS's already provide don't have to be duplicated in application level code.

This is why Affinity can do things like realtime previews of layer effects, does not need a "scratch disk" like PhotoShop does to handle very large image files, & does not install a zillion support files to support a bunch of proprietary legacy API's, some of which are decades old, like Adobe still does.

Over & out,

CJT1963