You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

all plugins greyed-out in 16bit

After adding my photoshop plugins folder and restarting, I see all my plugins in the list. (and I had the checkmark 'allow unknown plugins' checked, because _every_ plugin is listed as unknown)

But they are all greyed out (including Nik Color Efex and Topaz Denoise 6 which are listed as fully working on the Mac version).

Switching the workspace to 8bit they became all available, but I if they only work in 8bit I wouldn't really call it 'compatible' or working to be honest.

And the first I actually tried using is CF Systems ColorPerfect, which immediately crashed upon loading (access violation message).

Another question (which I can probably figure out be searching and reading but still), am I supposed to work this with raw files:

Open the raw file, switch to the 'develop persona' if Affinity doesn't do it itself, make adjustments in the right and when I'm done press the 'develop' button in the top left?

Also, the lens corrections I could find where all manual, are there any kind of automatic lens correction-profiles? In the case of raw files from micro 4/3 camera's which have 'embedded' distortion correction, do they apply?

• Staff

Hi jorismak,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Photoshop plugin support is still being worked on. Although some plug-ins process images in 16bit on the Mac version, some of them output a few errors. Others as you have discovered will simply not run or crash.

Affinity Photo automatically opens all RAW images in Develop Persona. After converting/developing them press Develop to move to Photo Persona for further editing. Processed images (JPG, PNG's etc) are opened in Photo Persona. You can also edit a layer with Develop Persona tools if you want. Just select it in the Layers panel and change to Develop Persona using the Persona icons on the top left of the interface.

Currently Affinity Photo doesn't support lens correction profiles.

Hi Meb,

Thank you for theinsight on the 16 bit RGB plugins compatibility issue. Any clue when this feature might become available?

I work mainly in astrophotography and for me this is a decisive factor because all my work is done between 32 and 16bit formats.

Regards,
Carlos

That sounds great. I tried to use my Google NIK Collection yesterday and A.Photo says two of them are working (see the pictures above), but all greyed out in my filter section.

I look forward to any new improvements and the next versions.  I'm waiting over 20 years now for a product like yours. So take my money asap. I hopefully will say good bye adobe in mid of next year. :)

That sounds great. I tried to use my Google NIK Collection yesterday and A.Photo says two of them are working (see the pictures above), but all greyed out in my filter section.

I look forward to any new improvements and the next versions.  I'm waiting over 20 years now for a product like yours. So take my money asap. I hopefully will say good bye adobe in mid of next year. :)

If you change to 8Bit working your plugins should work Document, Colour Format, RGB (8 bit)

I just started with A.photo for Windows today. Glad to find it can work with 16 bit, but it's disappointing to find that photoshop plugins can only work in 8bit. I have a couple of TopazLabs plugins and using them in 8 bit doesn't make any sense to me. I hope it will be fixed soon...

Yeah, me to. I'm still trying and testing for now in 8bit mode just to get a feel for the app.

I really want to like it (no, I _do_ like it). There is just something that 'clicks' with the interface and me. From the second I tried it out it worked and I understood how the application is given shape and such. I don't know. I really _want_ to switch from PS to this, but that means finding alternatives to from PS-stuff that might be lacking, _and_ leaving behind all my paid-for plugins. That's a big step to take.

If the PS plugins work fine somewhere down the line (I understand it's still a beta now) it makes it a much smoother switch.

Heck, for their asking pirce I'm ok with buying it and slowly switching to it if it matures, but if not, not too bad. For that kind of money it's an awesome tool to have. If it really can replace PS for me I would be very happy :).

Colorperfect is the one I need!  I contacted Colorperfect and was told "implement the Adobe PS API as needed including what Adobe calls the Photoshop Registry, basically a mechanism that allows plug-ins to store data between subsequent calls. They can also get in touch with us if they please."

So please put it on the list!     I would love to dump Photoshop/Lightroom but need colorperfect!  

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.