You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bug / UX: Trouble finding and selecting icon font

I'm trying to use an icon font called Pe-icon-7-stroke that is installed on my system. However, the name is not correctly shown in the font list, even though I'm able to select and use it. Once selected, the correct name shows up in the box:

The icon font can be downloaded for free here: http://www.pixeden.com/icon-fonts/stroke-7-icon-font-set

Using Windows 10 and 1.5.0.25 RC1.

On a related note: I am unable to interact with this font list via keyboard. Ideally there would be some sort of search and filter operation that lets me type part of the font name. This does not seem possible. I would have expected to be able to at least jump to fonts that start with P by pressing the letter P on the keyboard.

post-38827-0-38854700-1476963783_thumb.png

Enjoying Affinity Designer on Windows 10. Check out my Bootstrap themes

• Staff

Hey arechsteiner,

I'll look into the font issue for you. I'm not entirely sure why it isn't working but I have an idea that will need to be confirmed by development first. 

As for the searching for a font using the keyboard, we have just logged this issue internally with development today so hopefully it will be resolved soon.

Thanks

First of all I'm enjoying the tool a lot, great work guys. And thanks for the beta test releases.

Coming to the bug, on similar lines it is not recognizing the characters in the material icon font or the simple-line-icons.

Please refer the attached image.

post-39495-0-15973100-1477284455_thumb.jpg

Cheers

I'm getting the same thing with the font 'Pe-icon-7-stroke' not being shown correctly in the font list. As I noted in this post, I thought it was because all of the glyphs are in the PUA, which means that there are no characters in the 'Basic Latin' Unicode range to display the name of the typeface, but the font 'OpenSymbol' is shown correctly despite the fact that it also lacks Basic Latin characters.

I'm not absolutely sure, but I probably acquired OpenSymbol by installing LibreOffice. Anyway, it can be downloaded direct from here.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.