You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crash with simple line

Hi,

I have now managed to make Affinity crash twice in quick succession with a simple line.

Crash report should have been sent (is there any way of viewing recent crash report references after the restart so I can report them here?)

How should I be reporting bugs?  Previously for the XxxPlus family betas I've used JIRA, but there doesn't seem to be any Affinity project there.

Until I find a better way, I'll add the details here.

Steps to reproduce:

* I created a new file, A4 landscape with inches.

* I drew an almost vertical line.

* I set the stroke to ~4pt

* I switched to the move tool and shrank the width to 0

The top 40% of the line disappeared.

* I struggled to select the line, and ultimately it completely disappeared (although it still appears in the layers)

* I double-clicked it the line and got the crash

* This happens reliably with the file created from this (attached)

I have tried to recreate the file, but the second time everything worked as I expected, so at least I have the generated file demonstrating the issue.

Cheers,

Ian

line_crash.afdesign

Steps to reproduce:

* I created a new file, A4 landscape with inches.

* I drew an almost vertical line.

* I set the stroke to ~4pt

* I switched to the move tool and shrank the width to 0

The top 40% of the line disappeared.

* I struggled to select the line, and ultimately it completely disappeared (although it still appears in the layers)

* I double-clicked it the line and got the crash

* This happens reliably with the file created from this (attached)

I have tried to recreate the file, but the second time everything worked as I expected, so at least I have the generated file demonstrating the issue.

Cheers,

Ian

Whilst I haven't been able to generate a crash by following your recipe from scratch, if I open your file, which appears as a blank page but with a curve shown in the layers tab, and simply click on the stroke tab, the program crashes with an Unhandled Exception Code 0xE0434352.

post-32055-0-86640400-1471660891_thumb.jpg

Intel i7-10700 Gen10 CPU, 32GB RAM, Geforce GTX 1660 OC 6GB
Windows 10 Pro 22H2, 1x 1TB M.2 NVMe, 1 x 2TB M.2 NVMe. Affinity APh, APu, ADe

Can you upload a crash report?

Mark,

A couple of times (yesterday) when I was trying this, it did say on the following restart that it had sent a report, but it mostly starts up after the unhandled exception normally. and there is nothing in the %APPDATA%\Affinity\Designer\1.0 (Beta)\Crash Reports folder.

Opening Ian Brockbank's file and clicking on the stroke tab 100% of the time produces the crash here.

Some times just opening the file produces the unhandled exception.

I've just tried a Ctrl Key runup, all items selected, clear

File->Open  (file opened OK to what appears to be a blank landscape canvas, but with a Curve shown in the layers tab), see screen shot below.

Click on Stroke

"An Unhandled Exception has occurred. Code 0xE0434352"

"Designer has stopped working....." Close program

Nothing found in %appdata%\Affinity\Designer\1.0 (Beta)\CrashReports

Start Affinity Designer, no error report dialogue.

post-32055-0-17897900-1471763896_thumb.jpg

Intel i7-10700 Gen10 CPU, 32GB RAM, Geforce GTX 1660 OC 6GB
Windows 10 Pro 22H2, 1x 1TB M.2 NVMe, 1 x 2TB M.2 NVMe. Affinity APh, APu, ADe

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

I'll log the crash so we have a record of it. 

The file crashed a few times in a row until I did the Ctrl runup and then it only crashed in the Stroke tab (thanks Greyfox). Double clicking the Layer crashed for me too. Doing the same on the Mac doesn't crash for me however the document just vanishes completely. 

Thanks guys

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.