You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

If I select some artistic or frame text in build 1.5.0.6 and copy or cut it to the Windows clipboard, I can see it on the clipboard but I can't paste it at the text cursor.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

If I select some artistic or frame text in build 1.5.0.6 and copy or cut it to the Windows clipboard, I can see it on the clipboard but I can't paste it at the text cursor.

I can replicate this with keyboard shortcuts CTRL+C and CTRL+V. But if I copy text with the "right click menu copy" then it works.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

I can replicate this with keyboard shortcuts CTRL+C and CTRL+V. But if I copy text with the "right click menu copy" then it works.

Thanks, Dominik. When I tried it before, I only tried the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+V and the menu option 'Edit > Paste'. When I tried the context menu 'Paste' option just now, it worked OK, but so did the other two methods that hadn't worked earlier. I'm now officially confused!

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I'm now officially confused!

Don't be confused. You are on the track to something. It could be a bug.

Bug chasing is complicated :-)

Let's see what the guys from Serif come up with.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

I would hazard a guess that Designer doesn't like the Serif Persona Story format that it's placed in the clipboard. Use 'Edit, Paste Special' and select the 'Unicode Text' format.

This is correct, 'Unicode Text' does paste. But this can only be a workaround?

d.

We'll fix this asap.

Great, thanks again.

d.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.