You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Swatches causes crash

Guys,

Has anyone experienced a crash when using the swatches palette?

I have had it occur twice, once when I tried to change the fill of an object and the second time when I tried to change the stroke colour of the same object.

I had changed from greys to colour and selected a colour from the palette and nothing happened so upon a second click, the crash occurred.

Just tried it again so I could post the screen shot with the error message but, in the mean time I had upgraded to v1.5.0.5 and it doesn't do it anymore.

Must have been reported before and now fixed.  If that's the case, well done Serif.

• Staff

Hi Timbo59,

We have had a few crashes with the Swatches and they have been fixed but there are still a couple outstanding. We've poked every dark corner of the Swatches Tab so hopefully we've caught everything now.

Thanks for your report :)

I just came across another one in build 1.5.0.5. 

• Print type document
  • Select an object
  • Double-click a colour in the swatches tab

Application disappeared. The first time, I saw a dialogue briefly, but in later attempts it disappeared too quickly to read it. I think it was an unhandled exception error. 

Note where I double-clicked: not on the main swatches, but on the little ones above the palette. 

I managed to capture the error dialogue. 

post-28512-0-57705100-1467991654_thumb.png

post-28512-0-84068000-1467997298_thumb.png

AMD A10-6800K, with Radeon HD Graphics 4100 GHz

8 Gb on Windows 10 64-bit build 17763.316 •  My Free OpenType Fonts

• Staff

when we are hopping to be a stable software

As this is a beta each iteration should gradually improve the stability of the software. The issue mentioned is fixed in the upcoming 1.5.0.6 build which should be out later this week.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.