Sign in to follow this  
Ravenowl

Where do I find a sepia (and other colour filters) and how do I apply them?

I am working on an image that I want to change with a 'lens filter', as if I had used for example a sepia filter or any other colour. To either warm up or cool down the whole image. 

Like to many I used to work with Photoshop and there was a list of said filters amongst blur, sharpen etc. I might have missed it, :blink: can't find it there, can't find any references that explain where I find them in the help files either and in the affinity tutorials I also come up empty.

Any suggestions and links much appreciated  :)

Hi Ravenowl,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Have you tried the Lens Filter Adjustment (menu Layer ▸ New Adjustment Layer ▸ Lens Filter Adjustment)? You can also access it through the Adjustments icon on the bottom of the Layers panel.

For filters/effects go to menu Layer ▸ New Live Filter Layer or click the Live Filters icon on the bottom of the Layers panel. For regular filters (destructive) go to menu Filters.

I can't get any of this to work if starting from a B/W image. I have scanned in old black & white photos (as jpgs) and would like to give them a sepia tint. Everything I try though starts from a B/W base  and stays B/W.. Just to make things more difficult any attempt use the Topaz B/W plugin is also doomed as for some unknown reason all plugins are greyed out.. The problems are doubtless unrelated but add to the irritation.