You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

ICC profile: 'use document profile' embeds the default profile instead from the document

It works fine when I try it on Windows.

Can you share your Affinity file and the TIFF you exported from it?

Is your document a CMYK document (which is what I used), or is it an RGB document that you're trying to export as CMYK? If it was an RGB document, then I don't see how the application could do anything other than use your default CMYK profile if you said to use the document profile, as it would not be correct to use an RGB profile for a CMYK document.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Thanks.

That does not demonstrate what was saved in the exported file. It only demonstrates how it Opens, for you. But that raises a question: What do you have specified in your Settings, in the Color section? Specifically:

image.png.516303050d58215d817e904dfb412014.png

Perhaps you have that Convert option enabled?

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

Thanks. 

Then, again, can you share a .afphoto file and the exported TIFF that demonstrate this?

-- Walt
PC:

@colorsHaveChangedAgain It may not work, but try unchecking that one box, per the attached screenshot. Perhaps that causes a conversion. It shouldn't, but who knows. Worth a try.

Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 9.27.38 AM.png

2017 15" MacBook Pro, 16 MB RAM, Ventura v13.6.6, Affinity Photo/Designer/Publisher v1 & v2, Adobe CS6 Extended, LightRoom v6, Blender, InkScape, Dell 30" Monitor, Canon PRO-100 Printer, i1 Spectrophotometer, i1Publish

• Staff

Hi Colourshavechangedagain,

This is something we would likely need a copy of the file in order to investigate further with you. Please could you provide a copy of it so I can try and replicate this here at my end?

Thanks
C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Hi @colorsHaveChangedAgain,

On 4/12/2024 at 2:17 PM, colorsHaveChangedAgain said:

Saving a file in tiff format with ICC profile embedding selected 'use document profile' saves the file with the default ICC profile, instead of the profile specified in the document.

Are you Opening the Tiff file in Publisher or Placing the Tiff file into a newly created or existing Publisher Document?

• If using File > Open your Tiff file 'should' open using the embedded profile.

• If using File > Place (or dragging the Tiff file into an already created document) then the Document Setup window shown in your third screengrab titled 'Opening' will show whichever ICC Profile is set for the document. To check the profile for the placed Tiff file you'd need to go to Window > Resource Manager..., select the Tiff file in the list and then take a look at the ICC Profile shown for the selected image below its thumbnail.

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2430) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2430) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2430)

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse

@walt.farrell Sorry, but I can't share files (they contain my client's data).

@Ldina I also think that this should not cause a problem. At the same time, I also think that this is a bug, this box should be inactive.

@Hangman I am opening files using File > Open.

@Callum The problematic file definitely had the wrong profile assigned to it.
I'm convinced that I checked the 'use document profile' option when exporting, but now I can't reproduce the scenario with error again.

I may have started a thread too soon, but unfortunately, I'm already used to the fact that strange and incomprehensible things can happen in Affinity, such as the error with the profile list (you select a profile with a given name, and a completely different one is assigned underneath) and others that cause many problems in daily work.

32 minutes ago, colorsHaveChangedAgain said:

Sorry, but I can't share files (they contain my client's data).

Understandable. If you ever recreate it using sample data that is not sensitive, it would be good to have that file.

-- Walt
PC: