You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity V2 Suite, 2.4.1 Updates (off topic conversation split)

49 minutes ago, OhItsStefan said:

I think I'll hold off on updating until more information about the recent acquisition is made public.

An update right the day after the announcement that has everyone worried? No, thanks.

That there will be an update to version 2.4.1 was announced a while ago in combination with various bugs. Should this update have been postponed for a week or a month or a year? So what exactly is your problem?

Regards,
Otto

Affinity Suite v2.4 - Windows 11 Pro

2 hours ago, OhItsStefan said:

An update right the day after the announcement that has everyone worried?

Clearly, the new boss is paving the way for newcomers. Many Canva users are unfamiliar with Affinity, so they require tutorials to grasp how to use a professional design app. Step by step, my friend—step by step.

See my comics: dearmascomics.com

Heard my Radio Show: mimegaradio.com

Ask for my services: albertkinng.com

13 hours ago, B064RT said:

please don't be another adobe

Affinity has posted a four-point pledge promising that nothing will change. This statement is quite vague and can be interpreted in various ways. For instance, if they claim that Affinity apps will always be offered with a one-time payment, this might give rise to "Affinity Classic" apps that adhere to this business model, while new applications—hypothetically named "Canva Designer," "Canva Photo," and "Canva Publisher"—could adopt a subscription-based model instead. We should approach these promises cautiously.

Now that the deal is complete and Affinity has been acquired by Canva, it's inevitable that Canva will eventually advance their corporate strategy through this new acquisition. Even Affinity's executives may be uncertain about the new ownership's intentions. I have witnessed the repercussions of major corporate acquisitions, such as CBS Radio purchasing a communications business in Tampa Bay and Univision acquiring a TV network in Orlando, Florida. In both instances, within six months, over 200 employees were let go, departments dissolved, projects merged, and products streamlined for increased profitability.

Ultimately, none retained their original identity; even senior managers were left in the dark about the eventual outcomes. It's reasonable to anticipate that we'll ultimately see three applications inspired by Affinity's original suite, but now enhanced with collaborative and AI features, and offered to us at an annual loyalty price. The choice to stay with Canva's new productivity lineup will be ours to make. Let's savor the final moments of what we once knew. For me, those were ten years filled with exceptional applications and a vibrant community. Now, I must take a deep breath, brace myself, and await what's to come.

E121C9D7-81CB-4408-8A80-4D44A81EE85E.JPG

See my comics: dearmascomics.com

Heard my Radio Show: mimegaradio.com

Ask for my services: albertkinng.com

• Staff

@OhItsStefan, @mopperle, @B064RT & @albertkinng

I have split these posts from the announcement so that thread does not go any further off topic, but you are not following this new thread so I am using the @ to tell you so you don't think they were deleted

(also @B064RT I love your username)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

5 hours ago, albertkinng said:

Let's savor the final moments of what we once knew. For me, those were ten years filled with exceptional applications and a vibrant community. Now, I must take a deep breath, brace myself, and await what's to come.

Sad but true

Hope the best for the affinity team!!