You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Exporting each page in a PDF in bulk / Affinity Publisher V2

Affinity Publisher V2

Is there a way to export multiple pages in a document, as a single PDF? 

What I mean is - I have 31 pages in my book and I want 31 single PDF files extracted at a go. At the moment, I have to select each page and then extract.

This isn’t currently possible in Affinity Publisher. If you have Affinity Designer, you can use the Layers panel in its Export Persona to create a slice for each page. Switch to the Slices panel, select all of the slices and press the ‘Export Slices’ button.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

oh no, thank you Alfred. Much appreciated.
It would've been good to have this option because when you are creating illustrated ebooks for Kindle, you have to use individual images so that you have an image on a screen. Otherwise, it seems to show 2 pages on a screen.

If you want to separate a multipage PDF into single pages, the easiest way is to use a third party app, such as PDF24. You can download it for Windows and there is also an online version. https://www.pdf24.org/en/

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

1 hour ago, Alfred said:

This isn’t currently possible in Affinity Publisher. If you have Affinity Designer, you can use the Layers panel in its Export Persona to create a slice for each page. Switch to the Slices panel, select all of the slices and press the ‘Export Slices’ button.

That would work in a Designer (or Publisher) document with Artboards, but it will be a painful workflow with a Publisher document with Pages. When you open it in Designer you only see one page at a time, including in the Export Persona.

So you would have to create a slice for page 1 and export it, then do the same for page 2, then do the same for page 3, etc.

What you can do with the combination of Publisher and Designer is

1. Export a PDF of all the pages from Publisher.
  2. Open that PDF in Designer to get Artboards (don't convert to Spreads/Pages).
  3. Then use the Export Persona as you suggested.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

8 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

That would work in a Designer (or Publisher) document with Artboards, but it will be a painful workflow with a Publisher document with Pages. When you open it in Designer you only see one page at a time, including in the Export Persona.

Thanks for pointing that out, Walt. Your ‘Export to PDF’ workaround looks reasonable.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

15 hours ago, mdesigns said:

Affinity Publisher V2

Is there a way to export multiple pages in a document, as a single PDF? 

What I mean is - I have 31 pages in my book and I want 31 single PDF files extracted at a go. At the moment, I have to select each page and then extract.

I would Export as a PDF (use Pages not Spreads, you'll have to do this in the Export dialog). I would then open that PDF in Designer and export using the Export Persona, choose each "layer" and promote them to Slices then export as PDFs.

15 hours ago, mdesigns said:

It would've been good to have this option because when you are creating illustrated ebooks for Kindle, you have to use individual images so that you have an image on a screen. Otherwise, it seems to show 2 pages on a screen.

I do believe that what you are needing is to Export and use the Pages instead of Spreads option. This will give you one file with each individual Page as a page not two pages together as a Spread.

ScreenShot2024-03-14at8_01_07AM.png.e0c0a25ddcb66782e8ea0423762caae0.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.