You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Using the CTRL loading option on Affinity Photo brings up the reset dialogue on my Lenovo T430, but unfortunately, the dialogue is too big to fit on the screen. I am unable to access the buttons at the bottom of the dialogue to effect their operation.

1399 x 768 is the maximum resolution on this computer.

Is there a hotkey to access the button to okay the reset? I see no other way to achieve the appropriate result.

CTRL.png

You can try using the Tab key.

You need to pay attention to what is highlighted in the 2 boxes (Affinity Photo2 & All Affinity 2 apps). I tried this numerous times, counting the number of times the Tab key was pressed to land on the Clear button. What always ended up with 8 times and the Clear button was selected. 7 times was the Deactivate (don't want that one), 9 times was the Cancel button. The Tab key highlighting should start at the top of the dialog and progress down.

Outside of the above, you're going to have to press the X close button in the top-right.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

18 minutes ago, Ron P. said:

You can try using the Tab key.

You need to pay attention to what is highlighted in the 2 boxes (Affinity Photo2 & All Affinity 2 apps). I tried this numerous times, counting the number of times the Tab key was pressed to land on the Clear button. What always ended up with 8 times and the Clear button was selected. 7 times was the Deactivate (don't want that one), 9 times was the Cancel button. The Tab key highlighting should start at the top of the dialog and progress down.

Outside of the above, you're going to have to press the X close button in the top-right.

The TAB key may work, but I would be working blind to work out which button was being highlighted. The upper x close option fails to implement the reset.

Wouldn't a scroll bar on the side of the dialogue/requester which allows one to scroll through the options be more useful?

Just now, Archangel said:

Wouldn't a scroll bar on the side of the dialogue/requester which allows one to scroll through the options be more useful?

Yes it would, however there's not one. Probably because most are using monitors with a lot more resolution.

That's why I counted the number of Tab key presses, so you would have an idea of where the focus/cursor is. ;)

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

13 minutes ago, Ron P. said:

Yes, it would, however, there's not one. Probably because most are using monitors with a lot more resolution.

That's why I counted the number of Tab key presses, so you would have an idea of where the focus/cursor is. ;)

I figured they were catering to people with larger monitors and higher resolutions, however, it would be nice to see them make allowances for people with smaller resolutions who use the software as well.

Thanks for your help.

Just thought of this...

Right-click on the Windows Taskbar. Select Taskbar Settings. Turn on the Automatically Hide Taskbar in Desktop mode.. Or when right-clicking on the Taskbar, uncheck Lock all Taskbars, and just drag it off to the right or left or top out of your way.

6 minutes ago, Ron P. said:

Just thought of this...

Right-click on the Windows Taskbar. Select Taskbar Settings. Turn on the Automatically Hide Taskbar in Desktop mode.. Or when right-clicking on the Taskbar, uncheck Lock all Taskbars, and just drag it off to the right or left or top out of your way.

Sadly, even with the taskbar hidden, it still fails to fit on the screen. Counting is the way to go, it seems @Ron P. Thanks again.

This is a bit tricky (you may find the mouse movements temporarily start going the wrong way!) Right click on the desktop, choose Display Settings, then Display Orientation, change it to Portrait. Do the Control start up. Then go back and change the setting back to Landscape. (It helps to turn your laptop round while doing this)

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

Try Alt + Spacebar to get the menu so you can press M for "Move", then use arrow keys to move window... obviously while that window is selected. Press Enter. You can test it on other windows to check how it should behave.. hopefully it allows you in this case

I can't get to PC to check for myself, atm..

• Staff

Thanks for your report @Archangel!

This dialog should certainly fit on screen, or be scrollable/resizable, in order to see all of these options.

I've tested this on a 1280x768 display (our minimum spec) and I'm seeing the same issue, therefore I'm getting this logged with our developers now.

If you are able to open the Affinity app, under Edit > Settings > Miscellaneous there are a few Reset options available, though I do appreciate this does not cover all of the options offered in the Clear User Data dialog -

image.png

I hope this helps :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

@Dan C I'm pleased that you think the dialogue should fit on the screen in some way, as it would seem to be a sensible course of action. Thank you for responding to the report and acknowledging the issue.

I simply wanted to reset the interface to defaults after messing it up. This led me to discovering the reset requestor issue. I have managed to do that now.

Hi @Dan C can the paragraph panel be made resizable? On my 14 inch Lenovo IdeaPad, the button to close the panel, is hidden, and it is not able to be closed, unless I shut down the app through the task manager.

cut off.png

Lenovo IdeaPad 5 Ryzen 7 5700U Rx Vega 8 graphics 

16GB RAM (15.3 usable) 

Acer KB202 27in 1080p monitor

Affinity Photo 1.10.6

Affinity photo 2 2.4.2 Affinity Designer 2 2.4.2 Affinity Publisher 2 2.4.2 on Windows 11 Pro version 23H2

Beta builds as they come out.

canon 80d| sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM | Tamron SP AF 28-75mm f/2.8 XR Di LD | Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM Autofocus APS-C Lens, Black

@Dan C It seems that Affinity Publisher has a similar problem to Affinity Photo regarding the requester, although Affinity Designer seems all right.

Perhaps they use similar code and are affected by only the number of options available per program/application.

On 3/6/2024 at 1:11 AM, debraspicher said:

Try Alt + Spacebar to get the menu so you can press M for "Move", then use arrow keys to move window... obviously while that window is selected. Press Enter. You can test it on other windows to check how it should behave.. hopefully it allows you in this case

I can't get to PC to check for myself, atm..

Good idea, and I can verify that it works for me on Windows. It must be done using the arrow keys, though. Trying to drag the window using the mouse seems like it should work, as this gives the Move cursor, but dragging with it fails. But the arrow keys work.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

2 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Good idea, and I can verify that it works for me on Windows. It must be done using the arrow keys, though. Trying to drag the window using the mouse seems like it should work, as this gives the Move cursor, but dragging with it fails. But the arrow keys work.

Sadly, Alt Space brings up the run dialogue on my computer. I do have Power Toys installed, which may be the cause.

1 hour ago, Archangel said:

Alt Space brings up the run dialogue on my computer. I do have Power Toys installed, which may be the cause.

If you can't live without this Power Toy, just change the shortcut for it. 😉

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

• Staff

My apologies for the delay here!

On 3/6/2024 at 7:31 PM, tzvi20 said:

Hi @Dan C can the paragraph panel be made resizable? On my 14 inch Lenovo IdeaPad, the button to close the panel, is hidden

cut off.png

Can you please confirm the exact resolution and 'Display Scaling' percentage set within Windows Settings on this device please?

I've tested this here using a 1080p display, manually set to 1280x768 (which is our minimum spec requirement for Affinity) and the full dialog is displayed for me.

On 3/6/2024 at 7:31 PM, tzvi20 said:

it is not able to be closed, unless I shut down the app through the task manager.

I can confirm that you can use the ESC key to close this dialog, without needing to see the OK/Cancel options - or force closing the app.

Many thanks in advance :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Hi @Dan C, I have the resolution set to 1080, and scaling set to 150%.

16GB RAM (15.3 usable) 

Affinity Photo 1.10.6

Affinity photo 2 2.4.2 Affinity Designer 2 2.4.2 Affinity Publisher 2 2.4.2 on Windows 11 Pro version 23H2

canon 80d| sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM | Tamron SP AF 28-75mm f/2.8 XR Di LD | Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM Autofocus APS-C Lens, Black

• Staff

Thanks for confirming that for me!

I've been able to replicate this here and I'm getting it logged with our developers now as this dialog should either resize to fit - or be user resizable to stop this from occurring.

I hope this helps :)

Please note -

Many thanks!

Hi @Dan C, This means I will be able to apply any settings that could be made from this dialog.🙂

16GB RAM (15.3 usable) 

Affinity Photo 1.10.6

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

The issue "[WIN] Edit Text Style dialog does not always fit on screen & cannot be resized, hiding OK / Cancel options" (REF: AF-2351) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.5.0.2335".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Affinity Info Bot to notify us.

3 hours ago, Serif Info Bot said:

The issue "[WIN] Edit Text Style dialog does not always fit on screen & cannot be resized, hiding OK / Cancel options" (REF: AF-2351) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.5.0.2335".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.

Thank you for fixing this so quickly.

16GB RAM (15.3 usable) 

Affinity Photo 1.10.6

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

The issue "[Win] Clear User Data dialog does not fit on screen for smaller displays" (REF: AF-2217) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.5.0.2317".
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Affinity Info Bot to notify us.