You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity photo 2 plugin for generative fill/object selection tool.

No.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

I haven't found any. Plugins working are a bit hit and miss although plugin devs are starting to cater for Affinity Photo, I think generative fill is a push too far and until Affinity give programmers the ability to write Affinity oriented plugins I doubt you will see any sort of AI for quite a while.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

I don't know why Serif is out of the race  to provide a tool for graphics because there are currently no basic functions for me that even Adobe provides for free via the website like automatically delete the background.

If it is to become a basic work tool for many, they should cooperate with, for example, unsplash to train machine learning on their photos.

They may have plans for AI but Affinity do not disclose their app development plans/roadmap so it's just guesswork as to what will be in the apps in the future.

1 hour ago, Dave.Kelly said:

Free

Hm…
So attempting to do some stuff on one of the sample photos already makes the ON1 Effects 2023 app hang while only adjusting some UI elements.
Off to a "good start" I guess… :D 

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

21 minutes ago, Dave.Kelly said:

out of date graphics drivers

I wouldn't necessarily expect a 2023 MacBook Air M2 15" running the latest Ventura update having "out of date graphics drivers".
(Even though this time, Apple has messed up big time elsewhere…)

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

4 hours ago, loukash said:

So attempting to do some stuff on one of the sample photos already makes the ON1 Effects 2023 app hang while only adjusting some UI elements.

As I mentioned in the other topic about this plugin, it works well for me, loading the sample photo in less than a second. But I am having a lot of trouble understanding how some things are supposed to work, like getting the refine brush or masking tool to do anything. It could be that I just don't (yet) understand how such things are supposed to work.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

12 minutes ago, Dave.Kelly said:

his website has a very good selection of on1 masking and how to do stuff

I have looked at that but I cannot get masking the refine tool, etc. to work like he shows in his tutorials. Basically, I can get red outlines but they just disappear whenever I try to do anything with them. Quite possibly this is because I do not know how they are supposed to work but the tutorials suggest that they are not working like they should on my Mac.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

2 hours ago, Dave.Kelly said:

Is this any help

Not really. I am not sure what I'm doing wrong but I just can't get the plugin to work like in the videos. As time permits, I will try to study it more but for now I need to move on to other things.

EDIT: I had one more try with it & I think I was beginning to understand how it works ... & then it crashed so I gave up for now.

Affinity Photo 

3 hours ago, Dave.Kelly said:

Have you red the PDF manual?

I browsed through it a bit but at 132 pages a more extensive look will have to wait for another time.

Affinity Photo 

UPDATE: After adding a Snow and Frost Overlays preset to the ON1 Effects app, it now hangs whenever I try to open a file, making it totally unusable.

I have done everything I can think of to fix that, including removing the app & everything in Application Support, & then reinstalling it, but nothing helps.

I give up! 🙁

EDIT: And now, when I tried to see if I could use or remove the plugin, after hanging ("not responding") for ~3 minutes, the plugin suddenly began to work. I had after reinstalling it previously, launched the app itself waited at least 10 minutes before force quitting it so I have no idea why both the plugin & app are working again.

BTW, somewhere I said the plugin & app were independent of each other but now, after setting the app to remain visible my Dock, I see that is not true -- whenever the plugin starts, it starts the app, so it is acting more like an 'edit in' handoff than a normal plugin filter.

I have to say that between the ON1 Effects app stability issues & the bizarre, confusing, & exceedingly non-intuitive UI, I appreciate the Affinity UI & stability, warts & all, a lot more than I did before adding this app.

Affinity Photo