You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Page numbering. Publisher. iPad version.

11 hours ago, CarolineL said:

@MikeTO @walt.farrell  I’ve found this which I thought might do the trick but every single time I try to add a page with or without the circled ‘replace existing’ the programme immediately crashes and closes.

IMG_8935.jpeg

I think the problem here is that the master page that's being applied is "None" as shown in the box at the top ( the curved corner box with the label "None" beneath it.) You have to create a master page which will then be selectable from this screen. In the desktop version the master page creation option is in the Master page section of the Pages panel, I'm guessing that's where it is on iPad

6 hours ago, MikeTO said:

Caroline, the default master option is on by default for Publisher, I think you must have turned it off by mistake the first time you used it.

It's Off by default on the iPad.

image.png

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff
1 hour ago, walt.farrell said:

It's Off by default on the iPad.

Thanks for raising this - it appears as though Publisher iPad is retaining the last used setting for this property when creating a document.

By default (after an app reset) the option is enabled for me, however if you disable this option and create a document, further files then default this setting to off.
Creating a file with the option enabled will default the slider to be on for the next file, etc.

This is the same behaviour as the desktop app, so I believe it is to be expected :) 

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

I just came back here to thank everyone for their help.  I finally got the last bit on how to apply the master page after set up, with the help of a video Dan sent me.  

So I am done. I now have a book with page numbers 🥳.  

THANK YOU 🙏 so much to everyone who has tried to help me, I know your advice has been great - it’s just I struggled with the terms and where to find things on the iPad specifically - but I have now made a set of my own step by step instructions so I’ll know what to do if I’ve forgotten by next time… and I’m happy to share those with anyone struggling like I did.

All the best to everyone,

(A much happier) Caroline! :) 

I appreciate that the OP's question has been resolved, but I thought it would be appropriate to note a couple of newsources of assistance:

Elaine Giles produced a tutorial video "Perfect Page Numbers in Affinity Publisher" (Desktop): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P24I7CdlbP4a

and "Perfect Page Numbers in Affinity Publisher for iPad": https://youtu.be/j0yn_8gM6Ik

5 hours ago, AllanP said:

I appreciate that the OP's question has been resolved, but I thought it would be appropriate to note a couple of newsources of assistance:

Elaine Giles produced a tutorial video "Perfect Page Numbers in Affinity Publisher" (Desktop): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P24I7CdlbP4a

and "Perfect Page Numbers in Affinity Publisher for iPad": https://youtu.be/j0yn_8gM6Ik

FANTASTIC! Thank you