You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×
Our response time is longer than usual currently. We're working to answer users as quickly as possible and thank you for your continued patience.

Not sure if this is an issue, but I just noticed that Snapping doesn't really work when you zoom in all the way and verify. In the screenshot below, all the red lines "snapped" to the origin lines (gray) at normal zoom, but once I go in all the way, they're off. I noticed this is happening everywhere. Would be great to have Snapping be accurate, it's really tedious to have to zoom in all the way to verify vertices are where they belong... for my type of work it matters a lot.

Thanks for all you do!

image.thumb.png.4c6ea64c90c5c24fa1fad1aa07f8966e.png 

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

43 minutes ago, ronnyb said:

I go in all the way

You're aware that going "in all the way" is a zoom factor of a whopping 2,000,000,000 %? :) 
420,000,000 % is about what realistically still works in Affinity for vector objects. Even that is A LOT. At that zoom I can still create vector objects sized 0.000001 mm! I can't move them with the Move tool anymore (a possible bug?) but the Node tool works, i.e. I have to select all nodes to move such "nanoobject".
Snapping at that zoom still works – which is in fact amazing – but it's necessary to turn off all unneeded snapping attributes.

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

Yes I'm aware. However, it claims to snap, but when you zoom in you can see it hasn't snapped accurately. What matters is accuracy.

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

Are you sure it wasn't snapping accurately, but to something you didn't expect it to snap to?

What Snapping options did you have active? What Candidates? 

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.5, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.5

3 hours ago, loukash said:

but it's necessary to turn off all unneeded snapping attributes.

2 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

What Snapping options did you have active?

Thanks for the tips guys, my Snapping Preset was all messed up, everything was selected for some reason... I can imagine the poor app breaking it's head trying to snap to all those converging lines and objects on the page (lots more objects on the document).