You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cannot Delete Swatches?

I accidentally added swatches to one of the palettes by clicking the "Add current fill to palette" button, and I cannot figure out how to remove them. I read that you can right click them to delete them, but right clicking doesn't seem to work on palettes that I didn't make. What do I do?

image.png.a9692525cbf24b5754ca0f9cc899e0fe.png

Hi @11clock,

A right-click should work...

DeleteSwatch.jpg.f7a32a521f965b0429ebc797f7ac2886.jpg

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2430) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2430) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2430)

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse

2 hours ago, Hangman said:

A right-click should work...

It won't, for Palettes installed via from the Affinity Store via the Account dialog.

For those, you would need to click on the Panel Settings ("burger" menu), choose Uninstall Pack, and then re-install from the Account dialog.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

40 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

choose Uninstall Pack, and then re-install from the Account dialog

Does it mean a first installation via the Account dialog kind of fails (concerning deletability) – whereas a second installation installs without this issue (missing feature)?

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

15 minutes ago, thomaso said:

Does it mean a first installation via the Account dialog kind of fails (concerning deletability) – whereas a second installation installs without this issue (missing feature)?

No. If you install via Account, you cannot delete swatches from that Palette.

If you want to be able to delete swatches, download the pack manually from your account at the Affinity Store, and install it manually.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

1 hour ago, walt.farrell said:

download the pack manually from your account at the Affinity Store, and install it manually.

You might want to edit the recipe in your previous post which says "then re-install from the Account dialog".

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

1 hour ago, thomaso said:

You might want to edit the recipe in your previous post which says "then re-install from the Account dialog".

The recipe I provided works for the OP's situation, where they mistakenly added swatches to a Store package. It deletes all the swatches that shouldn't be there and restores the package to having it's intended content.

-- Walt
PC:

FWIW, I was playing around with this using the (same as for the OP?) Frankentoon - Splat: Colors palette & noticed a few things that may be of interest:

When automatically installed from the app Account window, this & the other store palette packages get a different icon from the builtin & manually created palettes. It looks a bit like a valise or purse, I guess to suggest it is part of a package?

I could not add a new swatch to them -- the Add current fill to palette button is greyed out & has no effect.

As noted, these swatches can't be deleted or renamed but they can be duplicated via Make Copy & the duplicates can be renamed or deleted.

In V2, these palettes are automatically linked to all the installed V2 apps so it does not matter which one they are installed from via the Account window.

In contrast, if these palettes are downloaded from the user account at the Affinity Store & manually installed, they act like a regular palette so individual swatches can be deleted, they can be linked or unlinked as desired, etc.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.2 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7