You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Here is what I do:  I take a screen shot on my PC, then paste the image to a blank, off-page portion of my Publisher screen.  So far, so good -- the image is perfectly represented, off page.

Next, I use the Picture Frame Rectangle Tool to draw a shape in my document.  Then, Move Tool activated, I copy the off-page image, then do "Paste As Content" into the new Picture Frame.

Most of the time this works; however, many times, it copies the image with distortions -- usually in the Vertical dimension.  Then, to fix this, I go to Layers, expand the Picture Frame to get to the Image, Click on the Image layer, then I can only approximate how tall or how fat the people are!

Am I doing something wrong?  How do I avoid or prevent this?  (Note that I do not save the screen captures as computer files.)
I find the same thing happens in v1.10 as in v2.1 -- perhaps even more frequently in v2.1.  Please assist.

• Staff

Hi @tkarl__nn,

Thanks for your report!

5 hours ago, tkarl__nn said:

then do "Paste As Content" into the new Picture Frame.

If you use Edit > Paste Inside, rather than Paste as Content, do you see the same issue occur?

What Scaling option do you have set for your Picture Frame before/after pasting this layer? It sounds as though your image may be scaled to the Picture Frame size, causing the distortion mentioned.

You can find this setting on the Context Toolbar with the Picture Frame selected:

image.png

Many thanks in advance :)

6 hours ago, tkarl__nn said:

Then, to fix this, I go to Layers, expand the Picture Frame to get to the Image, Click on the Image layer, then I can only approximate how tall or how fat the people are!

In addition to the mentioned hints: If the Picture Frame Property is set to "None" you can adjust a stretched image alternatively with the option in the Context Toolbar. Therefore you first need to click on the 'chain' icon on the right to un-link this aspect ratio option for a currently stretched image.

pictureframe1.thumb.jpg.4794b3124f1f6883642293a716e33287.jpg

Furthermore there is an option to auto-size the Picture Frame to the image size:

pictureframe2.jpg.81a8b2f0a0a09d3068c3ade985ba3e65.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1