You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Embedding Document's Artboard not showing and may cause Designer crashed

Environment:
AffinityDesigner v2.1.0
macOS Ventura 13.3.1
Display: OpenGL
Hardware acceleration: Apple M1 Max (Metal)

Issues Detail:
- Adding a new Artboard in Embedding Document not showing on the Main document (showing empty with bounding box)
- Adding more Artboards in Embedding Document may cause the app crashed

Expected Result:
Sample result as Affinity Designer 1.x

Steps to reproduce:
1. Open main document
2. Double click the embedding document to enter edit mode
3. Select on artboard in the embedding document and press Cmd+J to duplicate, drag to a new position (have content like shape/text...)
4. Go back to the main document, select the embedding document and switch to the new ardboard duplicated just now from context toolbar
5. The embedding document layer showing empty with bounding box 

Additional Information:
- The document was created in Affinity Designer v2.0.4
- Issues still exist after app restarted
- Sometimes the first duplicated artboard shows normal bug the second one shows empty
- Sometimes duplicated artboard in embedding document may cause the app crashed
- If the main document and embedding document created in v2.1.0, main document can not be saved with warning (see screenshot-1)
- I have a SD card inserted, but all documents I worked with is on local SSD
- Please provide official email address for upload sample documents and videos (for privacy reasons I can't upload here)

Screenshots/Videos:
iShot_2023-05-29_19_02_08.png.1c70eedaac199141e13ded00ece613d4.pngad-bug-v210-1.thumb.png.49f8037bb0c6d65494af4e5e5190e48d.png

Hi @WaveF,

I'm unsure whether the issue you are seeing is related to this post... you are using embedded artboards, @madPXL is using linked artboards but the general problem sounds quite similar...

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2415) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2415) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2415)

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse

45 minutes ago, Hangman said:

Hi @WaveF,

I'm unsure whether the issue you are seeing is related to this post... you are using embedded artboards, @madPXL is using linked artboards but the general problem sounds quite similar...

I am also using Linked Document, same problem with Embedding document, I am not sure if these are the same issues with the post you provide, at lease it did not crash the  app on @madPXL 's computer. Thank you for giving me a hint that I can send screenshots to @NathanC, when I'm home.

• Staff

Hi WaveF,

This sounds similar to an issue we have seen reported once before, If possible could you upload a copy of your file to the following DropBox link so I can try and replicate this here at my end?

https://www.dropbox.com/request/POxeQIFFjMVMNmXQrUhE

Thanks
C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.