You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Beta 1742 Photo: No Preview in Export of Large File

Just trying an export a large file (poster 15749x7874px cmyk 124mp) but get no preview. I did get a preview with another similar poster earlier. This APhoto file has another APhoto placed with a small graphic and a text block added. Not seen this before. 

I did quit the app, then restarted but same problem. Don't have anything else open that would cause a RAM issue. The file is 20.6 MB, so not all that large. 

Can upload a package to a link if desired. (BTW< it does output just fine, just no preview in export.)

Screenshot 2023-04-13 at 1.39.13 PM.jpg

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Sonoma
MacBook Pro, 13", M1 2020 • 16 GB • macOS Sonoma
iPad Air 2022

• Staff

Hey nwhit,

I cannot reproduce this my end. I've even doubled your dimensions and made sure to include an embedded document and matched your settings. I think it might be best if we can get the file. 

I've made a private Dropbox folder for you - https://www.dropbox.com/request/Z39q2aFIfV6Jd5dCOF9Q

Please give me a nod once it has uploaded as I do not get notifications from Dropbox. Cheers :) 

Hi @Chris B,

The issue relates to the zoom level, I see the same thing as @nwhit... as soon as you zoom in you should see the preview but when it's around 5% or less it doesn't preview at all you just see the checkerboard...

The other issue which has yet to be fixed is the ability to Alt Scroll to zoom for all vector formats which has been partically picked up here...

Alt Scroll to zoom works correctly for raster based formats but you can only currently use Cmd + and Cmd - for vector formats, I'm not sure if that needs adding to the same bug report...

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2430) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2430) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2430)

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse

@Chris B Files are uploaded. I tried again this morning with a cold start of APhoto and it acts the same as before - no preview. 

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Sonoma
iPad Air 2022

@nwhit, have you tried zooming the preview window?

Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2430) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2430) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2430)

Yes, I did and couldn't get a preview to show then either. Didn't have that issue with other test docs I've been working on, especially since I found the issue with the zoom reported in the other thread, so had been using the preview a lot. I'm guessing it has something to do with the size or content of the doc I was working on, but then again, you also had the issue, so not really sure at this point. Strange.

--------------------

iPad Air 2022

47 minutes ago, Chris B said:

There's another issue in Export Preview where the zoom controls don't seem to be fully functioning. 

@Chris B, hopefully you saw the comment above mentioning that Alt Scroll to zoom works correctly for raster based formats only but you can only currently use Cmd + and Cmd - for vector formats...

11 hours ago, Chris B said:

I get the preview if I use cmd and + to zoom in. At 12% I see it.

There's another issue in Export Preview where the zoom controls don't seem to be fully functioning. 

Aha! Yes, If I zoom in and get to 22% and larger, I get the preview back. Strange. Must have to do with the physical size. Originally I had only tired a couple zoom in/outs, so didn't get a preview (nor did I get one when the original export dialog opens). 

Well, hopefully can be fixed now that we figured out what triggers it! 

Update: I just used a smaller 3600x2400 image and went to Export. Interestingly, the preview shows immediately AND it keeps showing even when I zoom out to max zoom (11%). 

--------------------

iPad Air 2022