You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Downloaded Weiss Luts at time of special offering.  Tried to load into AP2 with no success..Going to Adjustments/Luts doesn't recognize them, can't copy/paste. Couldn't find help on YouTube. Missing instructions?

What is the extension of the LUTs file you downloaded? If in Adjustments/LUTs you click the gear icon does either Import LUT category or Import LUTs add them?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.2 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

The ones from the Affinity Store can be downloaded and installed automatically via the Account dialog in the applications. 

If you've downloaded them manually from your Affinity Store account, you'll need to make sure you've unzipped them (if needed), then go to the Adjustments panel, LUTs section. You should see an icon on the right of the panel that will let you import them. 

Also, if you downloaded manually, there's an installation guide you can download/view with full instructions.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

On 4/9/2023 at 6:29 PM, R C-R said:

What is the extension of the LUTs file you downloaded? If in Adjustments/LUTs you click the gear icon does either Import LUT category or Import LUTs add them?

Extension: '.afluts'. Since last posting : Found luts and others in 'installed AF2'. See Screen Shots. Still don't see luts names, or any way to get them?

Thanks to all for your replies.

Lut screen.png

Load lut.png

Installed.png

Download luts.png

11 minutes ago, PaulD said:

Still don't see luts names, or any way to get them?

Use the Adjustments panel to access Adjustment Presets, including the installed LUT presets.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

Hi Walt,

1. The Adjustments Panel Preset asks for a name. I don't have a name...tried 'ivan-weiss-bonus-9-lut-pack'. Nothing happens? Shouldn't the items appear in the Presets listing or somewhere?

2. Tried 'resyncing library' Said 'May be temporarily out of sync'. Waited... resynced and msg cleared. Still have no visibly to the luts...?

3. I don't think they are there, although AP2 says they are. The other Add-ons listed as loaded are not visible either. If I remove all of them, can I easily re-load them from the AppStore?

Thanks for your patience!

14 minutes ago, PaulD said:

1. The Adjustments Panel Preset asks for a name. I don't have a name...tried 'ivan-weiss-bonus-9-lut-pack'. Nothing happens? Shouldn't the items appear in the Presets listing or somewhere?

Screenshots of what you see would help. Also screenshots of what the Account dialog shows.

Here are mine:

1. Account:
    image.png.ebbfc392b13dedbc9fd56ce51e1f38c3.png

2. Adjustments panel:
    image.png.2f7e430a288e6681f6f7d88d501c5c83.png

-- Walt
PC:

• 6 months later...
30 minutes ago, tomg35 said:

@PaulID I have this problem, I don't have any space between the LUT layer and the next?

A screenshot of what you see might help us help you.

-- Walt
PC:

• 1 month later...

I have figure out the adjustment window but it is impossible to search for the LUT location, not to mention it has no memory of last searched file when searching for LUT's. Every time you search it just goes to the last thing you ever opened. super frustrating. at least the adjustment window works.

Affinty_LUT_issue.png

10 hours ago, JayNomad said:

I have figure out the adjustment window but it is impossible to search for the LUT location, not to mention it has no memory of last searched file when searching for LUT's. Every time you search it just goes to the last thing you ever opened. super frustrating. at least the adjustment window works.

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums. 

If you're referring to the contents of the File Explorer window you get when you click Load LUT, yes, that's annoying and it's an area of Affinity processing that could use some work in all the places where Affinity invokes File Explorer (or Finder, on macOS).

I suggest that if you have several directories with LUTs in them, that you organize them so they are in a common parent directory, and that you add that parent directory as a pinned favorite in File Explorer so it always shows up in the sidebar. Then you can just click on it, and if you need to Search you can Search within it.

You could also consider Creating LUT categories in the Adjustments panel, and Importing the LUTs you commonly use into that category where you can find them easily, rather than Loading them each time into a LUT Adjustment,

-- Walt
PC:

@JayNomad The idea is that you have a common location on your system where all your LUTs are saved and then import these to Affinity Photo as presets so you don't have to use the file browser all the time. For this, you have to use the Adjustment panel and import LUTs from the corresponding section. These can be organized into categories to make things easier for you. This way, you can build kind of a library where all your LUTs are accessible in an instant. The standalone LUT adjustment from your screenshot is then only necessary if you happen to have a specific LUT file that isn't part of your library and want to use this for the current job only.

Apart from that, while I can't comment on Windows Explorer's capabilities to remember last used file paths (Mac user here), the Open window in your screenshot looks as if it's perfectly possible to navigate your files and folders using the sidebar and/or top address bar. I can even spot a search field next to it. So not sure what you mean by "it's impossible to search for the LUT location". Of course, knowing where your LUT files are stored would help, but I'm unsure whether that's part of the problem here. You'd have to provide more details for us so we can understand how you expect the feature to work (and what doesn't work in your case).