You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Error writing file to network drive Windows 11.

All projects created on my computer are saved to the Windows 11 NSA network drive.
  In Affinity 1, there was never a problem with saving projects to this disk, while in Affinity 2, I have problems with saving projects from the very beginning.
It is always possible to save a newly created project without any problems, but when working on the project and trying to save the file, an error pops up and after pressing the Close button, the project suddenly turns off without saving (so I lose what I was doing from the previous moment of saving).
In the presented video, fortunately, the project did not turn off and I was able to save it under a new name, but this is only a workaround because I don't need to create new files only with added work progress.
Then, for example, tomorrow I open the directory with my stamp project and there I have, for example, 5 files that differ in the ending (because that's what I called the next projects).
Please, Serif, do something about this error, It occurs on my computer only in Affinity 2 and Beta 2.1

Hello, @GRAFKOM,

This malfunction seemed to have disappeared in version 2.0.4.

Here are a few hints to possibly narrow down the cause. Is it happening again with the beta version? Do you have hardware acceleration? Are all resources present? Are the fonts present and all their characters used?

6 cœurs, 12 processus - Windows 11 pro - 4K - DirectX 12 - Suite universelle Affinity (Affinity  Publisher, Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo).

Mais je vous le demande, peut-on imaginer une police sans sérifs ?

• Staff

Could we get the details of the exact drive please.

Also does the problem happen all the time or only after a certain amount of work has been done.
Does the saving problem happen to coincide with the auto save interval?

This error occurs randomly, it is not related to any time rhythm. and it is related to the previously saved file. So I create a new project, save it on the disk, complete the project after some time, I try to save it and this is where sometimes information pops up that the file cannot be saved, so after pressing the Cancel button, the project turns off or I have the option to save the project under a new name.
But I noticed one thing. Sometimes I have momentary seconds of internet downtime, and that's when I have a named project open on my computer and try to save changes, then an error pops up.
And this only happens with Affinity 2.0 programs
There is no error in a similar case with Affinity 1.0 or any other program I use for design, and files are also saved to a network drive.

22 minutes ago, GRAFKOM said:

There is no error in a similar case with Affinity 1.0 or any other program I use for design, and files are also saved to a network drive.

So, in the other programs (Affinity V1 or other programs) you have tried Saving while you have no network access?

That cannot possibly work, if you're trying to save to something on the network. But it would be good to know what kind of error you get.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

1 hour ago, walt.farrell said:

So, in the other programs (Affinity V1 or other programs) you have tried Saving while you have no network access?

All I'm saying is I'm online all the time.
However, if there is a one-second break in the Internet, then the previously saved file, opened in the program, loses the path to be saved and does not allow to overwrite the file and the program either forces a sudden shutdown of the project or saves the file under a new name.

• 2 weeks later...

I already thought that in the latest Beta the bug of saving to a network drive was fixed, but today I got an error when saving an open project. The project was created in the morning and was displayed on the monitor for several hours, saved in the meantime, and after a period of about 2 hours, when trying to save again, this message appeared (attached).
I remind you that this save error occurs on my computer only in all Affinity 2.0 and Beta 2.1 programs
Affinity 1.0 works fine. Other programs on my computer also have no problem saving projects to this network drive.

Zrzut ekranu 2023-04-08 225424.png

Just now, when trying to save a file that I created 4 hours ago and it was still on the screen, this message showed up. When I pressed the Save As button, Publisher crashed completely. I had to close the program in task manager.
I remind you that the file was saved on a network drive.
This is a problem with files that are stored on a network drive and are open for a long time in Publisher 2.0 and 2.1, after some time 1 - 3 hours. when trying to save the file again, an error message pops up, sometimes with the option to save under a new name, or after pressing the Close button, the file is immediately closed with data loss.

image.png.ee7a4ae6b9109c06a6f68379398b9979.png

image.png.cf3b0fb3c02dfed39dcbdfd32fbec9ba.png

• 3 weeks later...