You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Font Issues in all three V2 Apps - Adobe Fonts work only intermittently

Paperyear

I’m having an issue where Adobe CC fonts installed on my iPad frequently don’t work in any of my Affinity products except…sometimes they do? There doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason. Even within the same hour, an Adobe font will work in Designer but not in Publisher, then that same font will start showing up in Publisher but not in Designer. Then later disappear from both. 

Here’s an example of the same document open in Publisher and Designer. In this instance, the Publisher version is what the document should look like. But earlier, the roles were reversed and it looked good Designer but not in Publisher.  This is just one example, I am having this same issue with multiple Adobe fonts. 

I am also having the issue that others are having with font names being displayed in Chinese when selected. 

I am on an iPad 12.9 6th Gen (M2) 1TB running iPad iOS 16.2.

2684F9DD-958B-4822-927D-5E418C902D11.png

29039A16-5117-4890-9CBE-AE99EAFB030B.png

Edited by Paperyear

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

The issue with font names showing chinese characters is one we have logged with our developers to investigate further.

In relation to the issue of Adobe fonts sometimes working/not working. Are they being loaded via iPadOS (Settings > Fonts) or directly in our apps Preferences > Fonts?

• 2 months later...
  • Staff

The issue "[iPad] Fonts installed from creative cloud show on context toolbar with name in Chinese " (REF: AFD-6170) has been improved by the developers in internal build "2.1.0.1736".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.

• 8 months later...
  • Staff

Hi @tgn.creative

We are aware of an intermittent issue when installing fonts from Creative Cloud, where the font will appear as missing until the app is restarted. It has been passed to the devs for investigation. Thanks for your report.

• 3 months later...

I have the same issue. I installed a font on the Creative Cloud app on my iPad Pro. It is working fine in all Apple apps like Pages. But it is not working on Affinity. The Font name shows up in the Font list in Affinity Publisher, it is even shown written with the proper glyph shapes. But if I set a text to this font, it will be shown as missing font and will be displayed with a substitute font. I tried closing and reopening the app (clearing it from the recent apps screen) but it does not help. It is a bit discouraging that this issue has not been corrected in more than a year now. I was very excited using the affinity apps on my iPad and switching to Affinity from Creative Cloud but this is my very first test of Affinity Publisher, and I came across this issue straight away and cannot find a solution.

UPDATE: I just uninstalled and reinstalled the font, then closed and reopened Affinity Publisher and now it is working. I do not know if it will be working from now on, or next time it will be broken again. Will definitely post if I have more issues.

Edited by Laszlo M