You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

publisher ipad problems with cloud services

peterfri

I have noticed some problems with cloudservices, I use icloud, googledrive, onedrive and mycloud:

- I cannot create a package to no cloud service, they are greyed out, only icloud is working fine

- I cannot relink any file that is on one of the clouds, only on icloud I see the files

- I cannot open links in a package, only in icloud.

Does anyone have the same problems?

Can you clarify what you mean with your reference to mycloud? 

I usually access my WD MyCloud drives as network-attached devices. I don't recall ever having had problems, but I'm not sure I've tried what you have described. I'll try that, but I'd like to make sure I'm using the same approach you use.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Thanks. So, I think you're trying to access it via the MyCloud app for iPad. I've never tried that (and had forgotten the app is on iPad, so thanks). 

I'll give that a try. In the meantime, if your MyCloud device is on your network, you might try navigating to it via the network, as that may work better.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

Finally managed to get the My Cloud app/service running on my iPad.

In Publisher, I can Open files from My Cloud, or Save files or Export files to it. But I cannot use it to Package a file. I have no idea why that is treated differently.

Edit: Also, I can Package a file to the network-attached Share that goes to the device directly, rather than going via the Cloud.

-- Walt
PC:

On 12/27/2022 at 6:54 AM, walt.farrell said:

In Publisher, I can Open files from My Cloud, or Save files or Export files to it. But I cannot use it to Package a file. I have no idea why that is treated differently.

Perusing Help it seems some Cloud services need to be linked in  Preferences. I can package to Dropbox as long as there are no linked image resources. Linking in Preferences is meant to enable this but after linking Dropbox I still can’t get it to work.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @peterfri,

Thanks for your report and our sincerest apologies for the delayed response here. We are exceptionally busy following the release of V2 and we thank you for your continued patience and understanding here.

I can confirm I'm able to replicate being unable to create a Package folder for locations other than iCloud/'On My iPad' and therefore I'm logging this with our developers now as I can't see any reason why these cloud locations would not be supported :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

• Staff

I have been updated by our developers regarding this, who have confirmed the following:

This is due to the 3rd party cloud providers and their iPadOS plug-ins not providing support for creating folders.

Unfortunately this isn't something that we at Affinity can control, and the cloud providers would need to work with Apple to enable this feature, such that Publisher can write new folders to these locations when generating a package file.

I hope this clears things up!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)