You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can't change Dcoument Units in Publisher after an artboard has been created

Deaner666

After creating a new document in Publisher 2, then creating an artboard in the Designer persona, you can no longer change the Document Units in the Document Setup dialog. The dropdown contains three options called "Item 1", "Item 2" and "Item 3". Selecting any of them makes no difference.

If you delete the artboard so the document returns to being a "page", you can again change the document units.

I'm not sure what "dropdown" you're referring to. Can you provide a screenshot, please?

On Windows, I have no problem changing the document units using Document Setup in the situation you've described, and I see no pulldown like you describe.

A hint, though: If you're going to want a document with Artboards, and you're in Publisher, switch to the Designer Persona before you use File > New. The dialog in the Designer Persona will let you create an initial Artboard as you create the document.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Thanks. And my apologies for being unclear. I was referring to:

1 hour ago, Deaner666 said:

The dropdown contains three options called "Item 1", "Item 2" and "Item 3".

Please provide a screenshot showing that.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

Hi Walt,

As I mentioned, I can't open Publisher 2 at the moment, but the screenshot I posted from Designer is exactly the same as the one in the Designer persona of Publisher. Except in Publisher, the dropdown I called out with the magenta arrow is the one that contains the entries "Item 1", "Item 2" and "Item 3".

Kind regards,

Dave

Thanks. On Windows, the Units dropdown has the proper, expected values. So perhaps you've found a Mac-only issue.

-- Walt
PC:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Sorry that you have experienced this problem with the Affinity Suite. 

We have now released 2.0.4 on all platforms, and using that build we believe this problem no longer occurs.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon