You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

V2.0.3 unable to export to PDF

BWD

Hi

I am trying to export a 24pp brochure to PDF with bleed area and cut lines in CMYK.  But every time it comes up with a pop up saying an error occurred unable to export.

I have also tried exporting locally, same problem, or the program crashes.

I really need your help the document needs to be submitted tomorrow.

many thanks

Screenshot 2022-12-14 160303.png

Edited by BWD
additional info

Are you able to save it somewhere else? Try to save it to your "C:\" drive. If you CAN do that then check the permissions on your "becky_Working" folder, although I suspect that your working folder (like mine) are open for anyone to do business 😁  Whichever the outcome, it will tell you something

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

1 hour ago, BWD said:

I really need your help the document needs to be submitted tomorrow.

Cut the document into half and try to export again. If the error persists, cut the document into half again ... etc. pp. until you located the faulty page(s). Maybe a problem with a font or wrong ICC for an image. Hard to tell without getting hands on the complete package.

This could be helpful too:

----------
Windows 10 / 11, Complete Suite Retail and Beta

I don't know if this will help, but I had similar issues. In at least two documents I found the "solution" was to fix some graphic files - anything with layers in it seemed to send the PDF generator into a spin. Flattening the files and converting to "simpler" formats (PSD to JPG for example) seemed to work. I don't know if this has had some fix in 2.03 - V2 is so unstable for me that I've had to revert to V1 for most work. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, sadly I've encountered the same experiences. A a really weird problem occured yesterday: two identical pages used in two different jobs could be exported to PDF in only one of them. Compared to V1, the software is somewhat slower and the resulting files even perhaps becomes larger than before.
Until now I haven't got a clue, wether the the new version will bring me one one step further at all.

• 2 weeks later...